“Beautiful”

Make Enquiry
Very good
DINING ROOM
dinning room
Passage way from kitchen to lounge
Bedroom
Bedroom
Kitchen window
Half ot the kitchen
the other half of the kitchen
lounge
the entrance
The Marshwood Vale
The Marshwood Vale
young stock
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Hannah E
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
“Beautiful ”
Reviewed 2 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

What can I say? This place is just stunning. Quirky old features. I even got to cook on an Aga which I enjoyed too! Our neighbours were some beautiful horses who my daughter enjoyed talking to every morning.
Dog friendly too, our 2 Labradors loved the stay too, snuggling up in front of the warm Aga.
The owners gave us a warm welcome and looked after us during our stay.
We would definitely return here any time of the year!

4 Aug 2017
it was a pleasure having you all around, the house comes alive with people in it.
Indigo_Do...
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Peaceful New Years Eve!”
Reviewed 10 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

I booked this cottage when my niece and nephew wanted to visit from the US. I wanted to get away from the fireworks and noise of New Years Eve and boy did I pick the perfect place! This cottage is a very old stone structure and as it is a listed building the owners are not allowed to change anything. I wanted to give my niece and nephew the expirience of staying in a proper cottage and the flag stome floors, aga cooker and drafty front door certainly fit the bill. We loved staying here. It was so quiet and peaceful and the wood burning stove in the lounge was lovely. My suggestion if you are going to visit in winter is bring layers, slippers and a good book. There is no phone signal or wifi at the cottage so if you have techno addicts in your group they will start going through withdrawl. I believe the owner said he is trying to get wifi but they are still a long way off. I was expecting the aga cooker to be difficult to use but it was very easy and was fantastic for baking. This cottage isn't for everyone but if you want peace and quiet and to have a technology detox this place is perfect. In the winter it is cold in the kitchen but once you get the fire in the log burner going the lounge becomes very warm and cosy. I was plenty warm enough in the bedrooms. The other great thing is the rooms are quite large so you don't feel cramped. Even my niece who suffers terribly from the cold was comfortable.

12 Jan 2017
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm trying to push the wifi so it should be up and working for 2017, we live in hope.
_ellecoop...
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Get away from it all”
Reviewed 5 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Beautiful countryside, lovely isolated location perfect to get away from the bustle of townlife. We love Lyme Regis and it is only 8 miles away and Beer a touch further. The farmhouse is delightful, massive rooms with a garden for children to play in. Best bit - the armchair by the aga, it was arace who could sit in it first and curl up with their book.

Would recommend to anyone seeking peace and authenticity.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The aga
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
7 Sep 2016
Many thanks Elle, my favourite place to sit as well, I'm glad you enjoyed our house. Welcome back anytime.
Alison D
London, United Kingdom
“Larger than expected traditional farmhouse”
Reviewed 11 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Warmly welcomed by the owners, we very much enjoyed our week in this authentic farmhouse. Clean and spacious with a well stocked kitchen - all the utensils and pans etc that you would need. As a horse lover, it was amazing to see such beautiful horses in the fields on the approach and in the yard outside the front door! Visited all the local seaside towns and fell in love with Dorset - wonderful Farm Shop, 'Felicity's' on the A35 near Chideock, well worth a visit. Booking was easy and the owners promptly responded to an enquiry.

Although my parents are very active 90+ year olds, they struggled with the uneven floors and different levels - 3 steps up to the front door & from kitchen/dining room to living room/bathroom (located downstairs) so its not the best place for anyone who struggles with stairs or has balance issues.

The private garden is not securely enclosed, so any small children/dog cannot be left unsupervised as they can get through into the adjacent farmland.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
12 Jun 2016
Many thanks for your comments, all taken on board
Kate G
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing farmhouse!”
Reviewed 1 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Only stayed one night and we were so happy with the place. The pictures really don't do it justice, its so big with the kitchen and dining area like an open plan when first step in. The garden was lovely as well and what more could you want when you look out the window in the morning and see lots of horses.

Will definately be staying longer next time so we can explore some of the local villages. Stephens email responses were fast and gave me all the information I needed, felt very welcome there. Thank you for such an amazing stay at your farmhouse!

2 May 2016
Kate I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, you and your friends are more than welcome back any time. Thank you.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing