“A good place to be”

Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2018

The first time we visited The Millside Restaurant it was sunday lunchtime, we had a pleasant walk by the river and ended up at the Mill. It was very busy and we hadn't booked but they still managed to squeeze us in, the service was good and staff friendly.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Food excellent as was the service , not so expensive , dined here twice it was so good.
Comes highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

We went here for my birthday meal while on holiday in Lyme Regis. The menu is good with mainly locally sourced food, although a little bit masterchef.....

It's a cafe by day and restaurant by night, which means that the atmosphere at night is just not quite there - and there was a random playlist of what sounded like mainly disco music!

That said, the starter of scallops and black pudding was delicious. My main course of pork belly was nice, although if you ever get offered celeriac dauphinoise ask for mash instead - it really didn't work and was still hard. There was delicious sauce with the dish which was crying out for mash! I did mention it to the waitress, who simply agreed that the celeriac could be hard (I suspect I wasn't the first to comment)

What I should have done is gone for the fish as that looked amazing.

Overall, a lovely meal with great ingredients, but it took a long time to get our food and it felt like the menu was trying a bit too hard.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner here while on holiday near Lyme Regis. I have to follow a gluten-free diet - there were loads of gluten free options and the staff were really helpful and knowledgeable.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Our party of 5 spent a very pleasant lunch, dining alfresco, at this establishment. The menu was interesting and varied with a decent selection to suit meat eaters and vegetarians alike. We all had different starters which were delicious I particularly enjoyed the heritage tomatoes with the creamiest mozzarella I have ever tasted. Then we all opted for the catch of the day, hake. This was beautifully cooked (without batter) and came with some deliciously crunchy chips and very nice mushy peas. The staff were friendly and helpful without being intrusive which made it a very enjoyable experience.