“Delicious ”

Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: You are sure of a warm friendly welcome at The Pityme Inn, we serve great pub food and a good selection of beers wines and spirits from the award winning St.Austell brewery. we welcome families and dogs are allowed in the bar area.try giving us a visit,we think you'll come back for more.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

All of our meals and desserts were absolutely delicious! We’ll definitely visit again when we’re next in the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were staying close by and decided to go for an early evening meal last Friday 12th. The staff made us feel very welcome from the minute we walked in. Mike had the Fish and Chips and I had the Prawn Salad. Both dishes were lovely. Mike said it was one of the best fish he had ever had!! The portions were very generous and nicely presented.
Thank you very much. We will be back !!!!
Sara and Mike

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We pulled up at the Pityme Inn and thought how charming it looked, then when we got out of the car it looked more like a community hall! We ventured in and were welcomed by staff and shown to a table. We chose our food and ordered at the bar as instructed. My partner chose the gammon and portion size was not an issue, however I had the hunters chicken and was given a dish of melted cheese and found the chicken, bacon and bbq sauce underneath.
The desserts were a high price and nothing really grabbed us so we gave it a miss.
We overheard a conversation that the pub is in the process of getting new owners/management so the choices on the menu may change but the fact that it is end of season may also be another factor.
The biggest issue I found was that for some reason there was music playing in the restaurant area but that you also had a jukebox playing and could hear the baseline loudly so it was like having white noise playing which I found offputting.

1  Thank Kerry J
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Arrived for dinner at 7.30pm. Pub in darkness and no cars in car park. No indication as to why it’s shut.
I see someone did have a bad Sunday carvery yesterday.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I'm not one to complain or write a review. But if I can prevent another family wasting their money here then great.

The meat was average. Yorkshire puddings were frozen,potatoes were crispy on the outside but raw inside,carrots undercooked,undrained peas, undrained cabbage, stuffing was poor and obviously a packet mix with water. Cauliflower cheese was soggy and no taste. The whole lot felt like we've had a frozen roast dinner from Iceland. No taste to anything and even my 10 year old son complained that it all tastes the same. The waitress was lovely however.

1  Thank hanjab