“Nice quality meal”

Shorecrest Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 72 Restaurants in Wadebridge
Price range: US$26 - US$64
Description: The Shorecrest Restaurant is a dining experience. Fresh, local seasonal produce is prepared, cooked and served within the open-plan kitchen before being presented to your table. Our a menu utilises the very best Cornwall's larder has to offer. The restaurant's cool interiors make it the perfect space for entertaining, celebrating or ruminating. Open to both guests and non-residents.
Reviewed 4 September 2018

The Shorecrest is the new name for the St Moritz's restaurant which seems to be a it less posh than it was with burgers and fish and chips on the menu, rather just at the bar. My food, hammock terrine followed by mussels was just lovely together with a decent bottle of wine for under £30. Will come back

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Reading below reviews, I'm extremely surprised to read of such disappointment as our dinner in this hotel restaurant was fab.

I very much enjoy eating out and not shy of spending money on good food. The St Moritz restaurant clearly put a lot of time and effort into the menu, service and food prep. Being able to see your food being prepared can be both negative and positive, but on this occasion I liked it; especially in anticipation of waiting on our dishes.

It may not be the cheapest of restaurants, however every course we had was delicious and the portion sizes are generous (if not too generous; especially the risotto starter).

I would definitely recommend eating here, a guest of the hotel or not*.

*just don't wear a heavy wolly jumper as it was quite hot in the restaurant on our visit.

Chloe-St-Moritz, Guest Relations Manager at Shorecrest Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear 'hjd1984'

Thank you so much for posting a review on your recent visit to our Shorecrest Restaurant at St Moritz Hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed each course of carefully crafted ingredients that make our exciting menu. Thank you so much for recommending us and we hope to see you again very soon!!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The Shorecrest Restaurant had a relaxing atmosphere with polite staff and lovely warm fire. I had a Steak for mains, which was cooked to perfection whilst being nice presented and a sticky toffee pudding for dessert. It was very fascinating to watch the chefs work in the open kitchen and nothing was too much for the waiting staff. They walked around with a smile and happy to engage in conversation.

I had a lovely evening and would highly recommend.
Locals even get a discount card
Thanks St Moritz.

Chloe-St-Moritz, Guest Relations Manager at Shorecrest Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear 'Adam B'

Thank you so much for posting a review of your dinner at the Shorecrest Restaurant. We are so pleased you enjoyed the atmosphere, the friendly service and the delicious dishes prepared by the talented chefs in our open kitchen.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

My husband and I decided to stop here for a last minute dinner on our way to our accommodation in Polzeath. Expecting the standard fair for a hotel. Boy we were wrong...we were greeted by happy and enthusiastic staff. We sat in the bar area were we were treated to exceptional cocktails to start. Espresso martini is to die for. then shown to our table in a very chic and tastefully designed dining room with a big open kitchen( I am normally not a fan of open kitchens but this one just seems part of the experience). A small menu but offering more than enough choice. I had the goats' mousse and hubby the Boudin Noir. Beautifully presented (this happens all to often in London where the food looks wonderful but lacks any flavour), not the case here. The depth of flavour and attention to detail was phenomenal. Next, two lamb shoulder, cooked for 12 hours(according to the menu). I have never cooked lamb that long for fear of it drying out. Again, not here. It was succulent and tender like I have never had before. We didn't have space for dessert unfortunately. The service was slick and attentive. The only negative comment I could make was that it was not busy at all (only 3 other tables). I honestly don't understand why. It must be the best kept secret in the south west. We will most certainly return...

Dear ' 13renerossi'

Wow! Thank you so much for posting a review on your recent dining experience at Shorecrest. We are delighted that you enjoyed the espresso martinis to start, goats cheese mousse, boudin noir and the lamb shoulder for mains. We hope you can sample a delicious dessert on your next visit!

Thank you once again, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Myself and my mum had cocktails and dinner at the Shorecrest restaurant! We both had the lamb for main which was incredible...the flavour was so yummy! It was a really nice atmosphere with the fire roaring! I will definitely be eating there again!

Dear 'annabubsy'

Thank you so much for posting a fabulous review of your evening at the Shorecrest Restaurant. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the lamb main course and cocktails at Shorecrest Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!