“Just ok”
Review of Route 39

Route 39
Ranked #57 of 72 Restaurants in Wadebridge
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Sat in the conservatory with music quite loud but the people on the next table beat me to it and asked for it to be turned down. The staff were friendly and polite and the food came out quite quick. I had the long horn peppered steak smothered in peppercorn sauce which sounded amazing. It wasn't though. It was full of gristle and cold as if it had just been flash fried. I asked for medium rare. After the first bite I sent it back. When it came back it was hotter but very bland and still quite gristley. I ate it as everything else on the plate was nice and the sauce was good. When i asked for the bill the waiter asked of everything was ok to which i replied the steak let the meal down as it was not very good and tasteless. He apologised, spoke to the chef and knocked the price of my meal off the bill. As said before they were very polite and professional. We had read some bad reviews but also good ones so we decided to see for ourselves. Some of the other meals looked very nice though and i wished i would have had one of them but i doubt i will return.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

We visited as a family with children and grandparents and had a great experience. The waiting staff were really polite and very helpful both with the kids who were wanting to share a meal and his recommendation was spot on with plenty for both of them, and my dad who is coeliac.

The food was lovely and there was plenty of it. The size of the hunters chicken meal wasn’t nearly as large as the other meals but was still plenty big enough. I’m glad by girls were sharing the ribs meal as this was far too big for them in their own.

Great choice on the menu, great service and great food. I’d definitely go again.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Most of the staff were helpful and lovely.

One of the girls seemed unsure and confused when our food came it didn't have any sauce like it stated but she just walked off as soon as she popped the food on our table. The waiter came over and we asked him and he then went and got the sauces.

We had a combo sharer which was lovely and came out fast.

1  Thank Charviews
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times with family. This time two teenage boys.

Usual Tex-Mex stuff. Boys had chicken wings (20). Both taking a box of leftovers. We had burritos and wedges. Basic but good.

Drinks variety for adults a little poor. But Blue Moon in bottles is ok. Four mains. Four drinks just over £50.

Courses are large so you don’t need starters. But nachos to share are good.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for breakfast having the Eastcoast and Pancakes with bacon. Very tasty and would recommend. The decor is fantastic and the staff are very good. Would defiantly recommend !