All reviews busy bar mussels first class small hotel staff could not have been more no lift golf tour friendly hotel hotel restaurant spent nights evening meal steak playing golf main course east lothian short break haggis
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had a meal in the bistro and it was lovely. Food very good and great atmosphere. We all had 3 snacks which were very good and nice friendly staff. Think you have to book at weekends as it was very busy.

Stayed: October 2018
NetherAbbey, Manager at Nether Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a great review. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I like the Nether Abbey, nice rooms, good food, nice bar and better value than other hotels in North Berwick...BUT (big BUT) we were looking to book 2 rooms for our wedding anniversary & having looked online and seen the price at £180 I thought i would phone and had the price confirmed at £150 (B&B) - RESULT & thanks ! But when my wife checked out (I left early to play golf) she was charged £180 and was unaware of the offer price - I queried with the hotel over a couple of days and eventually got told it was an error to offer that price and the correct price was £185, so i guess I just had to suck it up (my words). Hey ho, I had no email confirmation so not a great experience and not a great response. We will return but with a bit of reluctance and bad feeling. Oh and our breakfast took 30 mins to arrive due to burnt pancakes ... I.still like the hotel though and you can't get it right all of the time. BUT when you get it wrong, take responsibility and look after the customer please !

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart R

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this review. We always try to do our best and on occasion we can fall short. Next time you visit us please ask for Steven when you book and I will ensure everything is as it should be for you.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

My partner and I stayed at Nether Abbey for three nights as my daughter was getting married nearby. The owner was extremely helpful when I spoke to her to make the booking. And when we arrived, she'd given us a great, easily accessible room which was large enough for us all to get ready in - bride and three of her pals - on the day of the wedding. It's a lovely, comfortable hotel with a great restaurant and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Thoroughly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
NetherAbbey, Manager at Nether Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you very much for your great review. It was a pleasure for us to help in this special day. We hope to see you all again!

Reviewed 24 September 2018

We had two nights at the Hotel - check in was easy and the room was clean and comfortable. The window opens to cool the room down. The staff were very accommodating and very helpful in arranging/changing golf tee times. We had a excellent meal in the dining room with good service. Breakfast was top notch. My only complaint was that although our devices showed good wi-if reception, neither my wife or I could get to work in the bedroom - only at the reception area. The staff could not explain it

Room Tip: Rooms on the sea view would be less noisy than those overlooking the road.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a great review. Hope to see you back in the Nether Abbey soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at the nethers on a few occasions and they never fail to impress me.
The rooms are very well appointed with comfy beds and high quality bedding. The bar and restaurant are also excellent and they always look after us very well. I would highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such an amazing review. Next time you are booking then please ask for Steven.