“A little disappointing”

The Ivy Marlow Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Marlow Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 80 Restaurants in Marlow
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We were four friends meeting for lunch. Welcome friendly and efficient. We ordered from the set menu, a choice of 4 dishes for each course. Three of us ordered the steak which incurred a £ 3.50 supplement, plus a further £2.75 for a sauce and £ 3.75 for a portion of vegetables. This took the standard two course price from £ 16. 50 to
£26.50. All three steaks were cold on arrival and were sent back. This was because of cold plates and we discovered the kitchens are also on the first floor and food is brought on trays. The steaks were replaced without question but these were not really any hotter. Drinks a little pricey with a bottle of their house lager £ 4 50, red wine was £ 19.50. price of two desserts was deducted as goodwill gesture which was appreciated. Obligatory 12.5% service added. Very relaxing lunch with good company, but overall a little disappointing and we will not rush back. We have a Cote nearer to us which I would say is much better value.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have mixed views of The Ivy. I have been twice, the first time was last summer. On this occasion I was served quickly and was very impressed with the healthy choices on the menu. The service was also exceptional. The second time, was a different experience. I waited a long time to get served and then it seems they almost forgot my order and I had to re-order the food. I have since then been put off, particularly having learnt how the staff work such long shifts and seemingly dont get paid or treated very well. That’s a shame and I would feel happier paying for my food knowing the staff are treated well, so haven’t been since. It is otherwise a beautiful setting.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Managed to get a last minute table.

As expected, as at other Ivy restaurants, the food was lovely. Both had the lamb main, with the zucchini fritti and the broccoli as sides.

All of the food was lovely. We decided to change our drinks order, after we both chose lamb as a main, as the drinks didn’t arrive before we ordered the main and my partner preferred to have wine over beer with his lamb. The waitress was very accommodating to this, although I was really disappointed and honestly quite cross, that when our ‘original’ drinks order was brought over and we advised the server that we had changed our order, he gave us a filthy look and walked away shaking his head.
Quite disappointing as had they actually brought our drinks on time, we’d have never had changed the order, nor would we if our waitress had said it was a problem.
Overall, aside from the attitude problem of one person serving drinks, the meal was lovely, brilliant atmosphere, and much more reasonable price wise than I expected!

Our waitress was called Georgia, she was just 19 but offered an amazing service - chatty, smiley and attentive.

Definitely would recommend

Reviewed 30 March 2018

It's always a worry when a restaurant decides to become a brand. Hard for it to capture everything the parent had when it is of very nature a copy. But the Ivy in Marlow doesn't drop the ball atall and richly deserves its five stars.
Able to get a table online for the same day, was this a sign trade was down? Didn't seem to be, great atmosphere, friendly welcome, and - good news - the food was every bit as good as it's famous parent. Nothing fancy but fresh, tasty, well presented, and hard to fault.
Two courses, with drinks, for two, for under £60. Pay more across the street at one of the 'brands' for a poor alternative.
Brave move to open up elsewhere - see there's another in Cobham. Suspect if it spreads too thinly it might eventually end in tears but for now to have an Ivy half an hour away that serves up great food at a modest price is worth celebrating.
Wet bank holiday evening brightened considerable thanks to the classic combo; good food, good service and good atmosphere! Definitely a success!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Expectation high, delivery average. Our table wasn’t ready so they stood us up by the bar in wet clothes while they sorted it out. Ten minutes after the booking time, with several people going to their tables before us, ( cash in hand winning the day), we after asking were shown to our table. At the time of booking over a month ago, they asked if it was a special occasion, a birthday I replied, but on the day no evidence of event recognition!!, which spoilt the day.
Food average, overpriced Prawn Cocktail followed by dry and over cooked chicken salad.
Portions generous, but I’d prefer small portions of quality food, rather than large portions of average food.
If I was a brand manager for the Ivy in London I would be worried about overstretched brand promise.