The Bear Hotel Hungerford
US$46
Three Swans Hotel(Hungerford)
US$118
  • Breakfast included
Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$82
The Queens Arms(East Garston)
US$147
US$143
Travelocity
US$405
Hare and Hounds Hotel(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$88
Agoda.com
US$156
US$150
Crab & Boar(Chieveley)
US$210
US$153
All reviewsold english innssuperior roommain buildingriverside suiteold coaching innlight lunchhigh streetbed was very comfortablesunday lunchlarge bathroomlady on receptionfull englishpleasant stayweekend breakan evening meallovely roomcouple of nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After returning to The Bear this weekend I was amazed at the recent room
refurbishment that has been undertaken.

Bear island has had a complete makeover
along with the main building with new furniture, bed frames, redesigned and new bathrooms and quality mattresses for a great nights sleep. one of the best and cleanest rooms I have stayed in for a while.

A pleasant surprise and with friendly staff and management we will definitely be back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from my cousins wedding and what a weekend. We had originally booked two rooms, but sadly we had a bereavement and needed to cancel. We rebooked a room and requested a twin which the hotel said they would do if there was one available. On arrival the kind receptionist caroline, who took my booking, offered us two double rooms instead, as i would have shared a double with my brother. Having worked as a thomson rep before i know hotels dont have to do this but they really went out their way to make our stay perfect. Room was lovely, tv with lots.of channels, good hairdryer a lot of hotel dryers are not very good but the hotel supplied one which was very good. Ironing boards and hangers in wardrobe and tea and coffee facilities too. Bed was super comfy and was high up too. Walk in shower was amazing. We had a meal in the bar night before wedding. Reasonably priced, lots of choice and very yummy. Breakfast was good too. Hot and cold options available. Help yourself to as much cold foods and can order a hot.option on top. Wedding room was lovely too and i really enjoyed the wedding breakfast and buffet. Staff all really friendly. If i am ever in this part of country again, i wouldn't think twice about coming back here. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

The Bear is a lovely place to eat. The decor and atmosphere is very warm and welcoming.
The menu has a good variety of choices and the food is cooked to perfection. Would definitely recommend a visit th The Bear.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lyn W
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Potentially this was a treat before a busy weekend. The room was lovely newly decorated very nicely, old sloping floors, charming and we were pleased.
However the new Hypnos bed must have been the "firmest" of their product range and we both had a difficult night due to discomfort. My husband rarely has a problem with beds but he felt this was unacceptable.
I am the one who usually cannot adapt so I had my Duvalay with me so I had some sleep but still felt sick with fatigue the next morning.
It is a great pity as the rooms are all refurbished and the beds new. Hypnos have a wonderful reputation and on their website invite hoteliers to trust them as Hypnos know hotels are in the sleep business.
Indeed!!

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Dropping into the next pub and it’s the Bear Hotel. Just looking to try the beers we observe a few people eating in the bar but the restaurant empty as usual. Does not seem as good as a few years back. Any beers were average and staff seem able to ignore you for quite a while as they busily tidy the bar. No great beers here.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple