“Do not swim in this water - big sewage problem!”
Review of Burriana Beach

Ranked #10 of 61 things to do in Nerja
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It is generally a very nice looking beach, with some nice local amenities. However, we have just returned from a 5 day stay and the whole time we were there the sea was inaccessible - there was a sewage problem, very noticeably. Locals are upset that nothing is being done to solve this reoccurring problem. It is terrible and I hope the local authority deal with this issue ASAP. Certainly, I would not recommend the area to friends or family given this issue and I won't be returning any time soon. Very disappointed to have chosen this beach resort for our holiday. It could have been lovely, but this spoiled it. On a side note --- we were at first told the mucky dirty water was due to poisonous fish eggs. Not true. Be careful.

2  Thank D_E_ROB21
Write a ReviewReviews (2 360)
All reviews
"ayo"
in 38 reviews

14 - 18 of 2 361 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a very good Beach but it does get very very busy so get there early.
There are lots of sun beds but again they go very quick and you also have to pay for them.
Parking is not to bad, again go early to get a space and it’s free or you can park in the underground car park at the roundabout before you get to the beach but not that cheap.

1  Thank Barry F
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We loved this beach. Great sand nice calm sea. Great places to eat. Nice little shops. Very steep hill to get down to. There is a car park or if you are lucky you can park in the road for free. Definitely the best beach n Nerja.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very pleasant area. We went on San Joan night where they have some fireworks at midnight then set fire to a big sardine. (yes really). Someone official guy handed us some free paella. Straight up. Free. My favourite word! Loads of little places to eat, drink, shop. Etc. I chose to get tanked up on vino tinto from the one supermercado they have there. Went back to burriana the next day and it was like there never had been a fiesta. Spotlessly clean. No litter. No empty beer cans, no spaced out dudes with hangovers and sunburn... But worst of all, no free paella. I had to buy my own lunch at the flambee cafe on the main strip. It was actually quite good but my guard moths complained when I opened up the old wallet. Still got pesetas in there you know.

2  Thank Tony F
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a really beautiful beach flanked by lovely restaurants. I love Ajo's, the legendary paella restaurant. And I had a wonderful day kayaking from this beach. However, the town is infamous for its lack of sewage processing facilities. The sewage for the city is dumped offshore and there have been media reports all year about leaks and other issues. While I have not seen anything amiss, knowledge of this problem is widespread around here, and this makes me not want to visit this beach.

3  Thank BeachDwellerinCali