See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2018

We have stayed one night in Mercure Algeciras, a 3 star Hotel which stays about 10 minutes walking distance to the city center of Algeciras.
When we arrived to our room we noticed that we were upgraded to a beautiful, design and modern suite, which had a large double bed and a view to the Rock of Gibraltar and to the "Puerto de Algeciras". The bathroom had a bathtub, Mercure amenities and a window,
The reception provided us with a shaving kit on request as well as a map of the city. We ended up dinning at a really good and cheap italian restaurant "Uluwatu".
The breakfast was ok (sadly it didn't have eggs). There is a private parking garage at the Hotel but we were able to park the car outside on the main road for free. The Hotel also has a fitness and a mini casino that we didn't get to enjoy.
The rooms, however, are not soundproof and we still could hear the cars on the street (despite being on the 6th floor).

Overall, we were satisfied for the price that we paid (64€) and the good time that we have had,

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RenataN1218
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

After paying a double room which i didnt like. I wanted to have a single one...the view was on a high way..the cigarette smeel was in the room i ordered a non smoking room...the hotel seems empty...they told me the hotel was full i was the only one in the corridor room number 206.
To my surprise very few hot water in shower...i was obliged to change to another nearby hotel named (Aura) which i liked ut was cheaper 49 € and beter.
No Mercure standard in this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank yubacynspa
Jesús B, Director General at Mercure Algeciras, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Mr. Mustafa F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We offer same rate for single or double use room, we informed you about the was full due to you were going to stay in a room with twin beeds. But I am deeply sorry to read your disappointment about some of our facilities and I would like to apologize about the issues you encountered.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Sincerely,

Jesús Benítez

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Unfortunately, the crew is not very helpful.
The elevator is not working, the breakfast is not fresh.
The bathroom is filthy.
The internet is always crashing. The TV channels are disappearing.
The hotel is not recommended.

Room Tip: Hotel AC Hotel is better.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
MercureAlgeciras, Director General at Mercure Algeciras, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the whole team about these problems, and it was unfortunate we were not able to give you an appropriate solution, please be sure that we will take the correct measures in order to prevent these problems.

Once again thank you we appreciate your sharing your concerns.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Stayed here for 10 days February 2018.
In contrast to some previous reviews, we found the reception staff to be very friendly and helpful. Due to changes of plan we'd booked the 10 days in 3 separate parts, 2 direct and one via Expedia. We explained this and staff ensured that we had the same room for the whole stay. I'm an Accor Club member and points were added automatically to my account.

Room was spacious, bright and airy, with a view towards the Rock of Gibraltar and OK, also the container terminal, but it is what it is and looks spectacular at night. Room is divided into a living area with couch, desk and TV and a bedroom area with ensuite bathroom. The TV swivels within the room divider so you can watch in either living or bedroom area. Tea/coffee making stuff provided as well as a small fridge/mini bar. We used the fridge to keep our own food in and didn't use the mini-bar.

Bed was huge and super-comfy, Large fitted wardrobe with hangers and drawers and a cosy extra blanket which I used while watching TV on the couch. The glass washbasin had a crack so I took a photo so staff could note we hadn't broken it but apart from that I loved the room.

The bar is a sports bar and "mini-casino" (slot machines), not really my choice of place to hang out but my other half liked it and spent time in there while I went shopping. They put the 6 Nations Rugby on the big screen for us (the La Liga games had finished) and the locals were bemused at our reactions to the ups and downs of a game they didn't really understand but congratulated us on Scotland's eventual triumph. The bar staff seem to have other duties so we sometimes had to wait a bit for them to appear but no more than 5 minutes or so.

The restaurant was OK, said on the website that it's not open on Sunday but it actually is, although not until 8pm. food is pretty standard fare and not all menu items are always available but portions are big, we ordered beef entrecote and each got 2 massive slabs of steak. There are other places to eat nearby ( I recommend La Corcha Tapas Bar) and in the town centre and supermarkets about 5 minutes walk in either direction.

Hotel is about 10 mins walk from the Corte Inglese shopping mall and about 20 mins from the town centre. There is a lovely sandy beach about 15 mins walk in the other direction where you can get a view of the Rock without the container terminal in the way. Virtually deserted in February but may be busier in the Summer. I went for a paddle and water was fine, but then I'm from Aberdeen:-).

Hotel is on a busy road so bear than in mind although the windows are double-glazed. Not on a bus route but buses to La Linea and other local towns stop about a 10 minute walk away. Contrary to a previous reviewer, the hotel staff showed us where to go on a map though they use the term bus station to also describe a stop so that may be where there was confusion.

Overall we had a Lovely stay and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2018
2  Thank Bordercollie12
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I have been staying here alittle more than 3 months, and my stay here has been pleasant up until date. The staff are helpful, the rooms are satisfactory, and the food has goodness. The staff has been more then helpful to make my stay here comfortable to say the least.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business