All reviews convenient location la linea ferry terminal stayed here roomy ashtrays gibraltar bath tv morocco balcony
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Great LOCATION for me - bus station is the next door down and train station directly across the road.

I only stayed 2 nights and l ate at the RESTUARANT both times. For some reason the dinning menu wasn't available, only the snack menu - but this includes wholesome warm sandwiches and a massive burger which is what l ate, and it was satisfying.

My ROOM and BATHROOM were huge and l had a balcony, wifi worked well too. My only complaint is that my room smelt of ciggerettes which took me a while to get used to.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

I chose algeciras for being a convenient area to all places I needed to go but apparently it can be a sketchy area. The hotel is literally next door to the bus station which is nice though.
Room wise I got one which has stairs on the balcony which doesn't inspire safety. The room description said city views but the view was of the train station and one building, so don't expect much.
I checked in early because the room was already ready but I was surprised with an empty mini bar with an unfinished water bottle and a not flushed toilet.
A part from that the room itself looks pretty nice and standard, closet needs for sure an update.
Front desk agents were nice and informative.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Hotel Mir O, Recepción at Hotel Mir Octavio, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Hi Joana,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We are delighted that our front dest staff took cood care of you and that you loved our prime location next to the bus station. We hope to have the chance to host you very soon so you can enjoy all the improvements that we make to our services day by day.

Best regards,

Recepción Hotel Mir Octavio ****

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Absolutely perfect should you want to be in Algeciras. Reception staff, who are there 24/7 were fantastic, multi lingual and helpful in any and every way. Advice was spot on, told you when you needed a taxi, recommended good places to eat and could not have done any more to make my stay brilliant.
I do not understand some of the reviews on here. For 7 euros the breakfast was all I could want, unlimited fruit juices, cereals, fruit,the usual meat and cheese you get across Europe, cooked eggs, toast, breads, savouries etc etc and unlimited coffee and tea. Impossible to find fault with the content or the service. Whats not to like.
The rooms were comfortable and clean and if the toiletries were not the quality Americans expect, I am sorry for them.
The carpet complaints are beyond me unless you expect to eat hamburgers and fries off them.
Algeciras is a working port and ferry terminal, no one is visiting on a cultural trip, it is over the bus terminal but not many buses come and go and you would not be effected by them at all.
i review as I find and there was nothing not to like about Mir Octavio and its fantastic staff.

Room Tip: Mine at the back was fine and no reason to find fault with others
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Hotel Mir O, Rececpión at Hotel Mir Octavio, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Hi 670rod,

Thank you for your lovely review! We are delighted to hear that our customer service and our clean guest rooms allowed you to fully relax. Your satisfaction is a reflection of our best efforts as we have changed the breakfast menu, carpets and much more to better ensure your confort! We greatly appreciate your kind words and highly recommendations, We simply cannot wait to welcome you to our hotel soon again.

Best regards,

Recepción Hotel Mir Octavio ****

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Nothing wrong really, I would rate it as 3.5 the room was fine and the bed ok, it's just the location that's not fantastic, but it is really handy as the bus station is next door, also railway station nearby. Breakfast is cheap but basic, and don't bother having dinner there unless you're tired and want quick eats, again, a bit basic.
I had a walkabout at night and it is a bit sleazy, but I didn't feel uncomfortable at any time, but I'm a well travelled bloke.
Nowhere nice to eat out in the vicinity, so head up to the main square in town, which is very pleasant, one bar eatery there and it's really good, especially the fish. It's not flashy, just typically Spanish, lively and footy on the TV.

Room Tip: Not a quiet location , overlooks the bus station at the rear or a busy road at the front, with noisy scooters buzzing about.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Hotel Mir O, Recepción at Hotel Mir Octavio, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Hi Bob H,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are glad that you felt comfortable in your room. I am sorry to hear you were dissapointed by the location. As you said, it is very close to the bus and train station, Algeciras town center and the Ferries Terminal, so it is considered to be the perfect location if you have to travel next day or for those who want to rest after a trip. There are several tapas bars and restaurants nerby, actually one of our favorites is only 400 meters away. Our reception is opened 24 hours in a day and our staff would have been happy to provide you this information.

Kind regards,

Hotel Mir Octavio ****

Reviewed 19 April 2018

We were wanting a place in Algeciras as it is a good spot for day trips to Gibraltar, Tarifa and Morocco. This hotel is in the perfect location (near the train, ferry, and beside the bus station) and very reasonable. The rooms were large, well appointed, clean and quiet. The staff were friendly/helpful and we just enjoyed relaxing after a long day of exploring these other places. There are restaurants nearby and we made use of the laundromat just a few minutes up the street. We we definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: We had a room on the street side (not the bus station side). It was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotel Mir O, Director de Recepción at Hotel Mir Octavio, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Dear Happytrails_7,

thanks a lot to spent your time leaving us a commento so positive!
we really love that you're experience in our hotel was so good and that you will recomend us to others travellers.

it was all a pleasure to have the opportunity to take care of you and satisfy your needs!

hope to see you back soon!

Wish you a wonderful day

Recepción Hotel Mir Octavio****