Review Highlights
Fabulous staff and delicious food!

Reviewed 5 November 2019
SEB1967
Hickling, United Kingdom
via mobile
Perfect start to our trip

Reviewed 16 October 2019

from US$91,65
from US$31,89
from US$34,21
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2019 via mobile

Every time I return to my hometown of Mullingar I bring my parents for lunch at Cons and once again I wasn’t disappointed. The food is fresh and delicious ....I had beef and Guinness casserole with mash and fresh vegetables, yum! My mother had roast pork and I sampled that too, delicious, my father had fish goujons and he loved them. Mine was washed down with lovely Sauvignon blanc. The service is fantastic with wonderful staff and even Con himself popped over to say hello. I couldn’t fault it. I look forward to another delicious meal when I’m next home in February. If you haven’t been .....make time for a visit ;)

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 16 October 2019

Fresh off the plane, we found this place as we began our search for my grandfather's birthplace. We arrived at 11:30 am, before lunch was being served. But, our hostess could not have been more welcoming. She offered us tea and scones while we waited for the kitchen to prep for the lunch hour. She offered my mom some soup, fresh garden vegetable - I regret not ordering it for myself. It was delicious, and perfect for a weary traveler and a rainy day. My tea and scone were so warming, I felt like settling in. She gave my son a hot chocolate, that tasted as good as it looked. I got a chicken wrap that was delicious, even though I was full from my tea and scones, I still had to eat it. But, to be honest, they were so warm and friendly, I think no matter what they fed me, I would have loved it.

Date of experience: October 2019
2  Thank christinekY595FN
Reviewed 10 October 2019 via mobile

This is busy place for lunch, very popular. Lovely food and served by friendly helpful staff. We look forward to our next visit.

Date of experience: September 2019
Conor G, Public Relations Manager at Cons, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Thank you for your kind review Eileen. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 30 June 2019

Visiting group from Greece and stopped late for lunch. Excellent choice to stop even though we found the place by accident and were very pleased. The two ladies who looked after us were very friendly and we were all very happy with a wide selection of food, including deserts. I had the smoked haddock which was excellent.

Date of experience: June 2019

Thank you very for your kind review. We hope you had a great stay in Mullingar and Ireland.

Reviewed 23 May 2019 via mobile

Really nice place for lunch, well presented and just at the right price.(€22 for 2). No complaints and there's plenty of table's.

Date of experience: May 2019

Thank you for your kind review Denis. We hope to have you back soon.