“One of the best!”

Price range: US$28 - US$35
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Dropped by for dinner & it was one of the best seafood meals! Reasonably priced, generous portions & really fresh, tasty dishes...
The taster plate I ordered had the mussels missed out so the chef graciously added grilled oysters for the miss - thank you for the lovely gesture!
I really, really love the seafood chowder... Would have ordered that as a main portion had I known it’s so good!
& my husband enjoyed his fresh oysters much!
& the seafood linguine was really great too, with lots of ingredients & al dente pasta... it comes with a side - we chose garlic chips - must try.
Will definitely return when we visit Dungloe again...
Oh & the bread served was yummy too... :)

2  Thank yingzzzjo
ManagerDBP, Manager at The Bayview Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear yingzzzjo,

Thank you for choosing the Bayview as your eating destination on your recent visit to Dungloe.

We were delighted to read all of your lovely comments regarding our now famous seafood dishes.

We hope you won't leave it too long for your next visit, where we have no doubt that it will also be nothing short of 5-stars.

Best Wishes

Dean McLoughlin

Reviewed 22 June 2018

This pub is a short walk from the b&b we stayed in and was recommended by our hostess. Our meal was excellent and reasonably priced.

Date of visit: May 2018
3  Thank kilted2
ManagerDBP, Manager at The Bayview Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear kilted2,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your recent dining experience at The Bayview with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dungloe.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food Fantastic service Fantastic value for money We were staying about 20/25 mins away and family travelled back the next day to eat there again

Date of visit: May 2018
4  Thank edeldiamond

Dear edeldiamond,

We are delighted to read that you had an all-round "fantastic" experience at The Bayview on your recent visit to Dungloe.

Be sure to visit us again on your next trip, where we would be delighted to welcome you all back.

Bayview Bar,Dungloe

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I was in Dungloe last week & used this bar three times. Apart from the enthusiastic table service I must congratulate the operators of this establishment on their cuisine especially on their Chowder. This, in my opinion, far surpassed a nearby restaurant's offerring which, I've since discovered, won 2nd place in the All Ireland Chowder Competition. Bayview should enter this competition next year & hopefully win it !

3  Thank vincepie2018

Dear vincepie2018,

Thank you for choosing the Bayview while you were in the area recently and for taking the time to leave such a nice review.

All of your lovely comments have been passed on to the waiting staff and the chef.

We will definitely consider entering next year's All Ireland Chowder competition.

We hope to see you back again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I have been to the bayview 3 times in recent months. Visited last week and as always the staff give a great welcome and couldn't be more helpful and pleasant. The food was nice and generously portioned.
The problem I had on my visit on Tue evening was there are large t.v. screens in the bar one of which was directly facing me and spent my entire meal trying not to look at 'emerdale' followed by D.I.Y s.o.s
Management take note ,customers do not want to look at t.v. screens either with the sound on or off while eating a meal.
It is really really off putting and a bit naff.
!the bayview is not a sports bar and t.vs positioned throughout is something that should be left back in the 90's. Also the hip hop music seemed a little bit unusual to accompany the silent t.v. screens.
I will return to the bayview again for food, however ..If the t.v.s are on, might stop for a pint but will not stay to eat.

2  Thank mo d

Dear mo d,

Thank you for choosing the Bayview on your recent visits to Dungloe.
We were delighted to read that you found the food to be nice and of good proportions and also found our team very helpful.

We have taken your comments in relation to our tv screens on board and we will most definitely look into this in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.