Reviews (1 019)
1 019 results
All reviews leisure centre cork city lovely hotel leisure club bar food bridal suite reception staff wedding reception great facilities family room lovely town both nights both mornings tea coffee would highly recommend this hotel food was lovely from start to finish
83 - 88 of 1 019 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The facilities and the staff were amazing, very clean and organised, the breakfast was also pretty complete with a really nice view to the outside,especial thanks to the girls in reception, they were really helpful and very friendly. Thank you!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Booked in the week of the stay for an overnight and can’t really fault the place.
Staff were clearly busy at check in with a few large groups and a wedding but handled it beautifully...
staff couldn’t be more helpful and friendly.
We specifically booked one of the recently renovated rooms and they are beautiful. Simple, classic rooms. Massive bath and stand alone shower with a giant queen bed and a single bed. As well as a small seating area.
We booked in to use the pool and facilities and have room service and watch movies and it was fab. Only negatives I have are the room service menu is super limited to just pizzas and soup and sandwiches. Bit of a waste the food from the main bar can’t be sent up, it would make it that bit better. Also it’s not the kind of place that supplies robes so if you want to go to the pool you need to bring a bag to change down there. Other than that the room was immaculate, staff member who brought the room service was charming and friendly and the beds really comfy. WiFi and tv worked perfectly. Our room was at the end of a corridor and there was a wedding on but we weren’t disturbed by it at all. Can’t wait for our next staycation at oriel!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Loved the stay in the Oriel.
The two girls at reception on arrival couldn't have been anymore helpful or friendly. An absolute credit to the hotel.
Similarly for breakfast the girls were lovely and super helpful.

My only criticism would be housekeeping.
We were staying for two nights and twice housekeeping came around to clean the room, thinking it was checkout.
This was made more difficult in explanation as both times neither had basically any English and didn't understand.
I wouldn't mind only the second time the lady entered the room as I had tried to explain one minute before I answered.
Everything else in the hotel was brilliant, just possibly update staff on what rooms are checking out and communicate with each other when a member of housekeeping had already called that morning.
My own mistake for possibly not putting a do not disturb sign up.
Other than that it was perfect.
Thanks

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank an0nym0us24
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We stayed here for a night over the Easter mid-term. The room was spacious and clean and the kids loved the big pool. the kid club at night was fantastic and much better than other hotels, the entertainer pirate was fantastic and the 2 girl looking after the kids were so kind. The watched a movie and got homemade popcorn and cookies. We all eat in the restaurant which was great, they had a an area at the back of the bar which allowed the kids to be a little noisy and not disturb anyone. The only downside is with 2 young kids we were place over the function room while a function was on, I called reception to ask to remove rooms as the baby wouldn't sleep but they said all of the rooms were full, the baby was up till 2am as a result! If it wasn't for that the break would have been perfect, the hotel is in a lovely town and close to fota so ticks all of the boxes

Room tip: not above the function room
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My bedroom room 301 was dark & depressing with 2 tiny windows looking onto flat roof.TV was not working....porter informed me that the satelllite dish was the problem!! I waited 25 mins to be served food in bar.Then my dessert was presentedto me before my soup!! The breakfast was excellent.Staff were friendly.Decor was beautiful especially the entrance to dining room and main lobby.I would not stay there again.It is not good value for money.

Trip type: Travelled solo