All reviewshot platethese cabinsmini fridgeboard gamesmountain backdropshort staykitchen facilitiesprivate bathroomcold cutsoff the highwayfantastic locationjokulsarlon glacier lagoonnorthern lightsaurora borealisskaftafell national parkloftbunkbeds
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Ok, this wasn't horrible, but definitely wouldn't stay again. View is spectacular, but cabin was not very clean and dated. Cobwebs dangling from ceiling. One blanket was yellowed and smelled like urine. Advertised that there is a coffee machine - however only a hot pot. Advertised that there is wi-fi, but not working. Felt like being at a low budget camp.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We were lucky to stay in this chalet. Room nr.1 is on the far end of zone. Hence, we 've been told no internet due to storm. (I hope the next person staying in this room have internet service and not a storm again. )
The receptionist said only accepted CASH not any card or pre-paid via booking website.

The room comes with 3 rooms. Two double decker beds and an attic room with 3 beds. A sofa beds, a bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen, a balcony deck etc. Therefore it could accommodate at least 8 or 9 people.

The room was clean, bed was alright, for the price we have was considered slightly expensive since no breakfast included. But as in Iceland, everything is expensive.

No hassle in checked in and out .

Highly recommend this room(chalet) for a group of friends/ family.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2018

I had really great problems with this property. I really advice you to prepare cash to pay for your stay. I payed for my stay by credit card, but something wrong was with the bank terminal. BUT my money were not on my account of my credit card. I was trying to understand what was happening for about half an hour in the evening. The staff spoke english quite bad. I was speaking even with the "boss" of this property. He had only one suggeston - pay again or go away. I made him call his bank - he hadn't even thought about it. As I was calling my bank several times and got the information, that the payment was successful. Finally, I had to pay once more. And this "boss" wasn't even sorry for his fault, only saying, that such situation is quite often.
All the area was fully covoered with ice and several times I was near to fall down.
The cattage was not perfect - with damages of window and some others.
The only good point is to sleep here before glaciers near Skafftafel.

Room Tip: If you go from Vik - the second turn is to cottages
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2018

We stayed here for one night in one of the cabins. We had booked online but when got there we were told had to pay cash as cards not accepted.

We drove up the path and parked in the parking space next to the cabin we were staying in. The cabin itself was ok, quite tired/dated with the amount of use is has had with wear and tear. The furniture wasn't overly clean. The cabin is more of a hostel type place and that sort of feeling.

There were two bedrooms down stairs which were only bunk beds which one bunk bed with a double bed base. There was a bedroom upstairs which had 2/4 single beds in which was accessed by steep stairs. The bed was quite comfy not the best and the bedding seemed ok.

The living space was ok and open plan, there was a sofa/ a chair, a small 4 seat table, a small kitchen which had a kettle/microwave/2 ring electric hob, sink, fridge etc. There were pots/pans/plates/ cups/glasses etc provided.

There was a tv but could only get one channel and the picture was terrible even after trying to re-tune the tv it did nothing. Outside on the decking there was a small barbecue and a bench table. The bathroom was small and the shower was in a poor condition. The sink taps kept loosing pressure. The curtains were a mismatch throughout and there weren't curtains on the doors which were practically full length glass so privacy was an issue.

Overall the cabin was ok, don't expect luxury. This is probably more suited to bigger groups of people. Certain things were in poor condition. Maybe try somewhere else first

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I really liked the cottages and their atmosphere! In winter is magic!! Is really worth it for the price!! Just a thing, don’t imagine to have any luxury, everything inside is basic but fine for staying some nights.
Ah! They have a jacuzzi that you can use!!

Stayed: February 2018