“Delicious food, and beautiful presentation”
Review of Hver Restaurant

Hver Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Hveragerdi
Price range: US$20 - US$49
Description: HVER Restaurant is located in Hotel Örk. We offer local and fresh courses. Relax and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere in the countryside. HVER Restaurant is open daily for lunch and dinner. Ideal to have before or after a full day of excursions in south Iceland.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We walked in with no reservation around 4 pm on a weekday. The dining room was nearly empty. We ordered 4 different meals: lamb, arctic char, cod special of the day, and langoustine soup.

The lamb was some of the best meat, of any kind, that I have ever tasted. Absolutely fantastic. The arctic char was also superb. The cod was very good, but not especially memorable. The langoustine soup was nearly inedible from the salt, and had very little meat in it. The restaurant did agree and took it off our bill.

The dining room is nicely decorated, and has large windows that help brighten the whole room. The only problem was the noise from the adjacent hotel lobby. A large tour group arrived as we were eating, and the noise from that was a bit distracting. Service was fairly good, and the employees were very friendly. Prices were typical for a nice restaurant in Iceland.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

All the food we had here was excellent though pricey as everything in Iceland is. We split some appetizers and main courses to feed a family of four. Beautiful presentation and excellent food.

Ída S, Director of Sales at Hver Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear homebre973,

Thank you so much for visiting us and giving us a perfect rating. We are delighted to know that you liked the presentation and the quality of the food :)

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon here in Hveragerði :)

All best,
HVER Restaurant team

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We booked a dinner reservation for 2 people with 10 days advanced notice. The day of our reservation we got an email saying they're canceling on us because of a conference. How rude . I'm sure they had this conference on the books for a while and should have notified us sooner. Unreliable and inconsiderate behavior.

1  Thank Khachapuris
Ída S, Director of Sales at Hver Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Hi Khauchapuris,

Thank you for your review.

The situation you described regarding the visit to the property is truly regrettable and we are very sorry for your experience. We can assure you that we have reviewed your experience with our team to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Hope that this didn´t affect your stay in Iceland.

Kind regards,
HVER Restaurant team

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I went in there with my collegue from work. Had no ecpectations. Ordered the Lobster soup. Wow!!! Big portion, very tasty, had a lot of lobster in it, and the price was ridigilous low. Then I had a salmon salat. It was the same - very good - and a big portion. Next time I will try the deserts. But we were so full after these two courses, we could not even get a cup of coffee. I will definitely go again there. So much of great food for low price.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

You get the feeling you are being treated as a royal when walking towards your very comfortable seat. The restaurant seduces with its modern and cozy atmoshere, its neat decorations enhanced by the inviting and warm colours.

I was really fascinated by the standard of service and the food that I got was absolutely gorgeous.

I got the the Icelandic lamb as a starter and the meat just melted in my mouth. It is great to have some red wine with this course – this starter was to die for.
The main course was the beef and I ordered it blue – and folks I got blue and it was perfect. Made my day when I sipped some red wine with every bite. As with the starter the beef just melted in my mouth.
The dessert was the classic crème brûlée – it was delightful.

I highly recommend this restaurant to enyone, locals and tourists who wants to make a great evening even better – its a short drive from Reykjavík.

Thank you.

Ída S, Director of Sales at Hver Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear andresjakob,

Thank you so much for your glowing review and the recommendation. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Kind regards,