“Amazing local food”

Kochwirt
Ranked #14 of 113 Restaurants in Dachau
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited whole overnight stay in Dachau. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. For a moderate price we had amazing beer, huge portions of local type dinner which was wonderfully made. I recommend the desert Kaiserschmarrn but with a warning that the portion is huge! A warm recommendation.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

After a visit to the concentration camp we decided to explore the city of Dachau. This restaurant was our choice for an early dinner. The food was incredible! Everything we ordered was flavorful and delicious.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a typical bavarian restaurant without any touristic drama: Kochwirt is the place to go! :)
The prices are reasonable (even for us students), the food is delicious, the atmosphere enjoyable and the service really nice and thoughtful.
I have to delete one star for the restrooms. It was very clean but soooo cold especially during winter. :'D

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We at here one of our last nights in Bavaria this past December. I love kaesaspatzle but passed on it because it was spinach spatzle. I got a taste from someone else at the table and immediately regretted mg decision. It was okay as my schnitzel was delicious. Beer was excellent and the manager gave me a stein to take home as a souvenir. The location was prime, right in the Altstadt. They are a stones throw from the Christmas market.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

One of my favorite bavarian restaurants in Dachau. The place is à bit modern, type of hipster but with good taste. You Will find all south German dishes. I had a Käsespätzle which was remarcable, as well as the Kaiserschmarn. I definitely recommend it and more if you are a tourist, as this is not the Typical Bavarian Wirtshaus.
Make sure you drink a Helles or Weissbier!