“Rest and relaxation”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
'The Valley' on-property small lake
View of The Elk Lodge from between The Mountaineer and The Cattleman cabins
'The Valley' on-property small lake
'The Rocks' on-property trail to rock formations
'The Valley' Office meadow
'The Valley' on property large lake
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
toxiceuph...
“Rest and relaxation”
Reviewed 4 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We had a great time at Cinnamon Valley. The scenery was beautiful. This is the best place for a true get away, I've ever discovered. Everyone was very pleasant, attentive, and accommodating. My wife and I are in love with Cinnamon Valley.

rjh7587
Guthrie, Oklahoma
“Perfect home away from home.”
Reviewed 5 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

The location of the cabins was very close to the Eureka Srings downtown. Once in the cabins, it would seem as though you are much farther. The area was beautiful. The cabin was very clean. Will definitely be back.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Brandy H
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed 24 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

My husband and I loved this cabin!! It was wonderful, and I would definitely come back! I especially loved the tub!

jmanderso...
Sperry, Oklahoma
“Cozy and romantic cabin”
Reviewed 17 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Absolutely breathtaking. Very cozy. Romantic. Comfy beds. Loved the jacuzzi tub and fireplace. A perfect escape from the go go go lifestyle. Highly recommended.

JeramieOK
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“A decent stay but missing in a few important ways.”
Reviewed 1 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed at the Cherokee for our anniversary (July 2016). We toiled over where to go and hadn't been to Eureka in several years so decided to book something and just go. We finally settled on the Cherokee in Cinnamon Valley.

Upon arrival it was everything we wanted. Quaint, off in the woods. Beautiful place. The lady who checked us in was very sweet and helpful. She did mention at that time that our HVAC unit was being replaced and he had encountered a few issues and it was taking longer than expected. "He may still be there when you arrive." We were also told that it could possibly be warm in the cabin so they had put a fan in there and if we had any issues to let them know.

Upon arrival, she was correct. The gentlemen was still there finishing the install of the HVAC. He left within a few minutes and we went into the cabin. The cabin had an odd smell that reminded us of smoke and sage grass. Regardless, it was very secluded and perfect for a few days alone. We did find a pile of what appeared to be cigarette ashes on the kitchen counter so my wife called and reported it so that we would not have to pay a cleaning deposit (cabins are non smoking).

We cleaned the ashes and settled in. We knew it would be hot for a while but the AC was running and it was only around 76 degrees indoors so it wasn't horrible. We just turned on the box fan and started our stay. That night we woke up at around 2:00am. It had warmed to 78 and was incredibly hot in the cabin. I turned the air down to 68, we moved the box fan in front of the bed and we tried to go back to sleep. It never really cooled off but we did manage to get a few hours of sleep from there.

The next morning it was still warm so I turned the air down to 60 and the unit finally came on. We had to leave it on 60 the majority of the time. When they replaced the HVAC they did not replace the old thermostat. The thermostat was not accurate or even close so you basically had to have it 68 or 78 in the cabin. There truly was no in between.

That night we decided to sit on the deck and enjoy the view, only to find out the railing is host to a colony of some wood eating wasp of some kind. And I don't mean one or two.... at one time we had about 5 large black wasp flying around the porch swing an 8 red wasp on the porch soffit (yes, we counted the red wasp). I do know this is the country, I'm from the country but it made utilization of the porch very uncomfortable.

We did go to the office to report the issue with the HVAC but a note on the door read "On Property." There were two other couples waiting to check in. We waited a bit and finally just left. The gentlemen running the place was pulling in as we pulled out so we decided to not worry about it and just deal with the varying temperatures.

The only other issue we had was that the mattress is very, very dated. They have added a topper but it has the plastic liner so every time you roll over you get the crunch, plastic sound like in a baby crib.

The Breakdown:

The Good -
* Beautiful Property
* Great location, not too far from everything in Eureka Springs
* Polite Staff
* Very pretty cabin with livable amenities (Full kitchen, outdoor charcoal grill, etc.)
* Secluded

The Bad -
* HVAC that is either freezer or sidewalk in the summer
* Crunch, plastic covered bed cover - Old blankets and Pillows
-- I'm not counting the endless stinging wasp that congregate on the porch as it is secluded and that is what we were looking for.

The Takeaway -
A miss for us... it has a lot of potential, issues that can be resolved easily but for $175 a night it was a miss. Unfortunately we are checking this off the list. Too many other options in the same price range.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Location, complete quiet
Liked least: Bed Topper, HVAC
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing