Casa Colibri(Santa Catarina Palopo)
US$30
US$28
Villa Santa Catarina(Santa Catarina Palopo)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$98
  • Pool
Casa Palopo(Santa Catarina Palopo)
US$483
Villas Balam Ya(Panajachel)
US$311
US$247
Hotel Paradise Inn(Panajachel)
US$98
La Casa Colibri(Santa Catarina Palopo)
Casa Santa Catarina(Santa Catarina Palopo)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Boutique Casa Pachitiya(Santa Catarina Palopo)
Agoda.com
All reviewstzam pocoverlooks the lakethe hotel staffswimming poolweddingviewsguatemalanature
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Getting to this hotel was a little tricky after coming out of a van in Panajachel. I had to take a tuc tuc (very expensive) to get there. Then, climbing a very steep ramp (incredibly, cars can do it) to get the the front desk. The location and distribution of the rooms are very nice, the swimming pool is smaller than shown in photos but nobody else was at the hotel so it was very cool. Wifi is really poor and slow.

What I would recommend is to offer better services to stay. Even when I did not went out of the hotel during 3 days, it has no food (besides breakfast) so you can order fried chicken (KFC style) or pizza (fast food quality, by the way). For the price paid (US$ 175 per night) I would expect a lot more than the limited service offered.

Room Tip: View to the Atitlan lake
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

By far some of the greatest views I have seen in my life. I took 2 days away from every day lige and found some great space here. Service was really good, but the hotel staff is very good at respecting your need of relaxing. Views, swimming pool areas, rooms, and breakfast are amazing. They will even get a massage expert in if you request it.
The hotel needs some maintenance, and the lighting in the room is not as comfortable as you wish in a hotel. The other inconvenience would be the food. Eating close by is expensive and would much rather eat in the hotel as I wanted to stay there and not commute. Definetely recommend Tzampoc and already have since my return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

We visited Tzam Poc Resort in late March 2017. We were here for our pre-honey moon. We need to rest and relax after our wedding in Guatemala. We were so thrilled to stay here as we had seen picture of this resort and they all looked so beautiful, to our surprise this place is not as seen in pictures. The grounds need maintenance, some fresh paint and gardening would do the trick. The beds were very uncomfortable and the bedding was very very old. I am sure it was washed but because it is so old it looks dirty. This place does not offer a restaurant and the bar at the pool was closed during our staying. Perhaps it was bc if it's off season but I would assume they would have mentioned this to us given the fact that they do not offer any food or restaurant elsewhere in their premises.

I am a backpacker at heart and have stayed in tons of hostels so I am used to the low key low maintenance lodging but I know this when I'm staying at a $12-30 HOSTEL! This is a resort and a pricey one I expected a lot more than what we received.
The one positive thing I will say is about the staff! They are all so so sweet and caring but they can only do so much. This is clearly a management/owner issue. I hope that they can do something to fix this issue as the location has tons of potential.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cristina P
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

When we booked our stay we were a bit nervous because of some of the reviews/lack of recent reviews. But when we got there we couldn't believe that someone could even write anything bad about this place. Everyone at the resort is incredibly nice and accommodating. They wanted to make sure we were happy and we were. The view from the pool was unreal. Our room was very cute and clean!! They don't serve dinner at the resort and offered to take us into town and would pick us up. But instead we just ordered some snacks for dinner and they were able to make that for us. This place is a dream. It's not your typical 5 star hotel - this place has a lot of character and worth every penny spent. Also - their complimentary breakfast is so good!! Honestly we loved this place and can't stop raving about it.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2016

We are a couple from Holland, for the first time in Guatemala. This place was the perfect place to visit; to enjoy the nature around the lake and have some luxury at the same time. This resort is personal and unique, because of it's architecture, the staff and the location up the hills. We where lucky to be the only guests around, so we got the best service and tips! Lucio has been a wonderfull host! From the resort you can visit the villages around the lake or you can stay in and enjoy the view from the pool. We recommend coming during the week, so the admosphere is more quiet.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple