“Embarrassing to serve to guest”
Review of Tavola Trattoria

Tavola Trattoria
Ranked #2 of 182 Restaurants in Bentonville
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2021

OMG! A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY AND A DISAPPOINTING BIRTHDAY DINNER FOR MY GUEST! I've dined in several dozen times and because of COVID recently started getting takeout. Usually good, but last night was embarrassing. I ordered antipasto misto for one, catalina salad for three and ana rosa for three. Even though I went over my order, I did not get the antipasto misto at all (but wasn't charged, so OK) and neither of the two dishes I got bore any resemblance to the description of dish. Catalina salad is described as cucumber, tomato, feta, avocado, asparagus, mint, lemon juice and EVOO. Here is what I got instead: spinach right out of the clamshell, red onion, one bottom of an asparagus stalk (and I mean one piece of the bottom), tiny bits of feta and a cloyingly sweet balsamic vinaigrette. The ana rosa should have had capers, spinach and calabrese peppers. It did not have any of those things. Just chunks of onions and regular red peppers. I actually want my money back!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (804)

Reviewed 6 February 2021 via mobile

Great first experience. Our waitress was Alexis. She was super sweet! We had the Sicilian ball (arancini) and it was good. Expensive for what it was $9. I ordered the parpadelle and bolognese. The sauce was definitely not authentic Italian. Too much tomato and rich taste. Believe me, it was good, but bolognese isn’t supposed to taste like that.

Their wine menu is good. We had a bottle of moltepulciano de Abruzzo that was good.

The tiramisu was ok. We couldn’t taste any espresso. It was $8.50 ouch.

The bread and red sauce was good,

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 19 January 2021 via mobile

The service is good and the food is wonderful. Lots of choices for even the pickiest eater. We all left thoroughly satisfied.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 30 December 2020

There was not one empty table, so it was full capacity and patrons were definitely less than 6 ft away at some tables. I was sitting in a booth and all the booths around us were occupied. Aside from servers being in masks, it looks like they are not taking this pandemic seriously, not following state guidelines and not taking the same steps that other restaurants are doing by having empty tables and distancing. It made me very uncomfortable and I do not plan to eat there again.

Date of visit: December 2020
Hannah C, General Manager at Tavola Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

Hello Ceciley,

I'm sorry that you felt uncomfortable dining with us. I just want to reassure you that we do take the pandemic very serious and are following all CDC guidelines. We are far from using our full capacity. Our booths are divided using Plexiglas. We have removed tables and the ones we seat are measured 6 ft apart. Hopefully in the future you will give us another try.

Pamela Crosby
Tavola Trattoria

Reviewed 8 December 2020

We have been looking for a good Italian restaurant for a while. One of our favorite is macaroni grill. This would certainly come in as a close second. Would highly recommend

Date of visit: December 2020