“Not your average farm......”

Martha's Gardens Medjool Date Farm
Ranked #3 of 53 things to do in Yuma
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Me, my husband and my two daughters (young adults) decided to stop by Martha's since we had never been to a date farm and my girls had no idea what type of food a date is.... we enjoyed our visit from sampling the dates (which they did not like) to viewing the very pretty fields full of palm trees. Tours were available but we chose not to take one. There is also a variety of food products available for sale. My oldest daughter and I tried a date shake and found it to be pretty tasty. My daughter thought it had the consistency of a butterfinger blizzard! I thought it was good but very sweet so between the two of us the small shake was more than we both could finish.

All reviews
"great place to visit"
"shake"
in 126 reviews

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We went for a drive to try this out and it was well worth it as date shakes are super good, which I never would have guessed lol.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

This stop was enjoyed by all in the family. A chance to learn of the full scope of work put into the care of & harvesting of the dates. We enjoyed the samples, date ice cream. We will return.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We planned to visit Martha’s garden date farm. Date trees are just starting to develop their dates. Dates are picked in October or November. Loved the date shakes.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Glad we stopped. Almost turned around we thought we were not going the right way as the road is a short bumpy dirt/gravel road. No problem in driving it, just go slow. It is short. Just did not appear to be going to a business. The date shake was good. Had sample of dates to try. Many different grades of dates to purchase and with different toppings. There is a looped film that was definitely educational and interesting. Example: up to 200 gallons / day water to ONE plant needed during the hot months. The film was a low budget film that you had to read everything (no voice), but still worth doing. We were not fortunate enough to be able to do the tour, as I think we would have enjoyed the experience even more. Probably would have rated it higher if we took the tour. Building is a little old and rundown. Free if do not take the tour. Overall, glad we stopped and would probably go back if can take the tour and get another date shake.

1  Thank RayneLa

Been to Martha's Gardens Medjool Date Farm? Share your experiences!