“Put it on your list”
Review of Smokin Joes BBQ

Smokin Joes BBQ
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Description: Nestor and Luann, who live in San Pedro La Laguna, have been cooking a big barbecue every Saturday for 6 years in Panajachel and for 9 years in San Pedro La Laguna on Sundays. We started small but with the help of many friends we have grown out of control. Check it out!!!
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Awesome BBQ food with a great smoky flavour. I got the Mixed Grill so I could try a few different things. It came with Ribs, 1/4 chicken, and a good portion of Brisket. I dont even think I managed to get half way through it there was so much meat. Every plate also comes with access to the buffet salad bar which is excellent and has a lot of selection not only in sides but also in pickles, sauces and seasonings. Waitstaff are great and never had to wait long for a drink. I was there from 12.30 and saw the place fill up over the course of the afternoon. As I was ready to leave a live band started setting up who were great so I stayed for another few hours and met some cool people. Experience was that good I was annoyed I missed it on my second Sunday in San Pedro.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

5 star great venue .unbelievable meat choices great side dishes. Pool party fiesta with BBQ . Music venue was great in afternoon .

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

We went for the Sunday special and it was a fun time. Low key,relaxed, very busy. The ribs were excellent, the beer cold, and the music lively. Service and price were very good. Highly recommend this place if looking for a good time in San Pedro.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

If you are staying in a place with a kitchen, their meats are wonderful to buy and take home. But the real treat is experiencing the Sunday afternoon BBQ with the pile-it-high main dishes and the quite tasty all-you-can-eat side dishes. A great price for a superb BBQ meal.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

For the price, the portions are UNBELIEVABLE and have possibly spoiled me for my favorite gourmet Chicago burger joints. I ate the 1 LB Flintstone burger and it was what I needed in life after all the different food. Not to mention the all you can eat buffet in San Pedro surpassed my wildest expectations (ones based on Chicago restaurants w/southern claims) and I think I paid less than $15 or so for aaaall of it. Cheap beer, shots, cocktails, lots of friendly dogs to play with, I'm pretty sure I found heaven in this Smokin' Joe's thing and when I finally live in Guatemala they will be my comfort food haven. Plus their shop that's open during the week has some of my imported needs so the homesickness doesn't hit too hard in a land where I don't speak the language. Thanks guys!

Nestor C, Owner at Smokin Joes BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review us and your kind words! Glad we could give you what you needed and cure any homesickness you may have felt :)

And yes, we are REAL Southern Style bbq, not Chicago imitation, so glad you noticed lol ;) We're always here for you whenever you "finally" live here or just return and need a meat coma! Feedback like this is why we do what we do!