La Casa Rosa Hotel(Santa Cruz La Laguna)(Great Value!)
US$47
  • Bar/Lounge
Casa Prana Hotel in Atitlan(Santa Cruz La Laguna)
US$266
US$226
  • Pool
Hotel IslaVerde(Santa Cruz La Laguna)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Restaurant
La Iguana Perdida Hotel(Santa Cruz La Laguna)(Great Value!)
US$22
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel el Arca de Noe(Santa Cruz La Laguna)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$127
  • Breakfast included
US$90
US$88
US$79
US$77
Casa Kaktus(Santa Cruz La Laguna)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslake atitlanvegetarian menusanta cruzprivate boathot tubamazing viewsguatemala cityboat driverattention to detailour honeymoonevery turnwater taxiset menucourse dinnersmall hotelfresh flowersheaven on earth
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We arrived at Laguna Lodge on a dark and rainy evening, but even then we could detect there was something special about this place. Coming in from the rain, we were greeted by the friendly staff that gave us a brief orientation and then lead us to our majestic suite. The wall to wall and ceiling to floor windows were a giveaway that the morning view would be glorious. We each showered and warmed up before dinner, where we delighted in a fireside chat and candlelit dinner, featuring three courses that were absolutely to die for.

The next day, and days to come, we were eager to awake with the sun to watch the clouds part and reveal volcanoes at every turn. San Pedro and Toliman were the perfect back drop to morning coffees on the private balcony, and afternoons full of reading and refreshments on the lakeside deck.

It is rare that one discovers a place that offers such a heavenly experience. It was really difficult to leave three nights later. My advise is to be prepared to be heartbroken when it is finally time to leave this paradise, as even the parting shots from the charter boat are equally beautiful as they are difficult to accept.

We could not have asked for a better place to spend a few relaxing days by the lake. Everything about this place is luxurious, it really is a slice of paradise. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All rooms have an amazing view of the lake!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Wow! Had the most amazing stay. Having decided to spend our honeymoon at Laguna Lodge the staff service and ambience certainly exceeded expectations. Lesley, in particular, went to all length the ensure we had the best stay. She organised a great your to Santago which was fantastic. My wife being gluten intolerant had great confidence in the menu. The food was delicious along with quality wine selection. Can not wait to return. A big huge thank you to all the wonderful staff that contributed to our amazing stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jaguar suite
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Our second visit to this heavenly place on Lake Atitlan was just as impressive as our first, two years ago.
Friendly and professional staff, super chilled surrounds, very comfortable and well appointed rooms. The building itself is amazing.
Cheers to Jeffro and Mayah and all the staff for making our trip so enjoyable.
We can't wait to return again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

For the past 3 years I stayed at Laguna Lodge 3-4 times/year for 7-10 days. I used to think of the place as my Safe Heaven. I love the staff except for Lesly the main receptionist or Manager. She has no charisma and very bad attitude. This last trip in April I was very disappointed. Not only I always pay top price, normally $350/night minimum for the Tecun Uman suite, but because it wasn’t the quiet place I went to relax after doing my non profit work in the villages. I always thought Laguna Lodge was a place for honeymooners. I’m the week I was there, little guest kids were running and crying from 6 am until 12 midnight. It was insane! I felt like I was back in Disneyland.
The worse that happened to me is that I left a night before I was to check out. The owners Mayah and Jeffro called my transportation which I had paid in advance to Laguna Lodge and threaten them not to take me to airport because I needed to pay the bill of what I had consumed. My intentions were never not to pay as i was a regular. The hotel needed to clear charges that I didn’t have. I felt humiliated and alone. I am a US citizen and I was afraid in Guatemala. I was humiliated. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank IlianaGalliher
LagunaLodgeDesk, Public Relations Manager at Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

We appreciate that you are from Guatemala and know the Mayan Highlands are safe and friendly. We apologize that guests in the next suite disturbed your stay. A suite change with a complimentary upgrade was offered and declined. The lodge manager is professional and friendly and incidentally had received complaints from other guests reporting your disruptive behavior during your stay. While we appreciate our returning guests we do ask they pay their bills which are checked and correct before leaving the premises. Staff were concerned that with no notice you left at night on a privately consigned boat with no future address, and a fully unpaid bill after your one week stay. Room attendants did report that hotel property, specifically a designed bathrobe were not in your suite after your departure. In the afternoon of the following day payment still had not been made so we unfortunately had no choice but to instruct the driver not to leave with you until you had responded and finally made payment.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We stayed at Laguna Lodge for 3 nights and 4 days (a Groupon Special) and although it was above our budget, we decided to go after a week experiencing the crowds at Semana Santa in Antigua, Guatemala.

We took a private boat from Panajachel which takes about 10/15 minutes from dock to dock and when we arrived at Laguna Lodge we were greeted by friendly, warm staff who gave us a wonderful fruity drink and took us on a tour of the lodge.

Our room was right on the front of the lodge and it was beautifully decorated and appointed with a super comfortable, king-sized bed, walk-in stone tiled shower, his and her sinks, fresh flowers, and a large pitcher of drinking water on the bureau beside a little a stone desk. The room had big glass sliding doors that opened onto a little patio and garden that over looked the dock and Lake Atitlan. We were grateful that the lodge wasn't super busy, because even though there was a 4 foot high stone wall that separated us from the dock, people walking back and forth on dock could look into our room.

During the day we went for hikes up to the nature reserve (quite steep, dusty and dry - so take good shoes, walking poles - if you can - and of course water). We're 60 years old so if you're younger it should be a piece of cake. We also went on a hike around the lake shore to Santa Cruz La Laguna and took a tuk tuk to the top. We had a lovely lunch at Centro de Capacitacion (CECAP) which is definitely worth a visit and a tour.
The rest of the time we stayed on the dock at Laguna Lodge, read our books and took a dip in the very small pool (like a cool plunge pool with stools in the middle) to cool us off.

At night we stayed in for dinner - and the food which is all vegetarian is excellent - I promise you won't miss the 'carne'. It's beautifully prepared, incredibly tasty and inventive.It's not cheap - I think you book for their 4 course dinner - it comes with soup, salad, main and dessert. But you can order a la carte as well and these dishes don't disappoint either. Breakfast was included with hotel stay and was again, just wonderful. Of course it doesn't hurt that the restaurant also overlooks the lake and volcanoes.

In truth, there isn't a bad view from any of the rooms we saw, they're all breathtaking.We met a few people there (a couple of young American architects - from Alabama and New York) and had such interesting, lively conversations over dinner. Of course if you prefer your solitude, that's also very much an option.

We highly recommend Laguna Lodge, and stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple