“Excellent food - worth a visit!”

Restaurante Charter
Ranked #24 of 47 Restaurants in Dominical
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I went to Restaurante Charter with a group of friends for dinner. First of all, the menu is extensive: you are able to get burgers, fillet mignon, schnitzels but also local food. I decided to go for the cream cheese fish filet, which is usually a starter but I asked to get it as a main dish (which was not a problem at all) and it was just amazingly yummy. My companions had the daily special which was a fish filet with garlic shrimps and a fillet mignon. I tasted everything - and all of it was delicious! Though the portions are huge, the food is fresh and of high quality! The service was attentive and friendly. I would definitely go back, if I happen to be around in dominical - then with a cocktail on the plane (should be open sometime early December).

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We love Restaurante Charter! We come here all the time and the food and service are always amazing. They have a great selection of food and it is all fresh and well seasoned. Also, the portion sizes are huge! So you definitely get what you pay for. A huge plus is all of the activities on site which makes an ideal place if you have kids. There is a pool, swing set and an airplane all on the property! The airplane is currently closed for renovations but should be open in about a month with a full bar. Definitely going to add to the appeal of Charter.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Our party--six adults and two children--had dinner at the Restaurante Charter in late July, and our experience, with one non-culinary exception, was quite positive. The menu is extensive, the beer is cold, and the cocktails are delicious. One thing to bear in mind is that, while the appetizers, entrées, and desserts were delicious, the portions are massive. For example, my wife and I ordered rice with shrimp and rice with chicken, respectively, and were astonished when our attentive, friendly server brought us colossal pyramids of very tasty and interestingly seasoned rice with shrimp and chicken along with large side salads and sizable sides of French fries. Truly, American-sized portions. This is not an implied criticism of the quality of the food; just be aware that the portions are huge. Should we return to the area and revisit the Restaurant Charter, we will share an entrée, something prospective visitors might consider.
The non-culinary exception mentioned above refers to the giant plane that is just outside the restaurant. The interior is currently being refurbished; consequently, the children were unable to go inside the plane. In the grand scheme of things, a bagatelle, but if you're attracted to the Restaurant Charter in large or even small part due to the anomalous sight of a of a large plane next to a restaurant, bear in mind that it will be inaccessible for several months.

Pura Vida!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We went to the Charter mainly because we thought it would be fun with the kids to go on the plane. Sadly it was closed - apparently because they are putting a bar on board. It is estimated to be ready in 3 months (so let's say 6 to be on the safe side). The food was really tasty, although we found the portions too big, and ended up leaving a lot. The place was closing up at 8pm on Saturday night - so make sure to check closing times before you rock up.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

This restaurant is located very close to Dominical on the road leading to San Isidro. You can't miss it because there is an actual airline jet in the parking lot. You can walk inside the jet and look in the cockpit. The kids really liked that. We were told that it took them a few weeks to get the jet transported because of how large it is and the restrictions in Costa Rica regarding when over-sized loads can be on the highway.

Anyway, when we arrived the restaurant was empty. Our group of ten had the place to ourselves, but eventually a few other groups arrived. Our server was very friendly and he recommended the chicken parmesan. I really enjoyed it. It wasn't the best chicken parmesan that I've ever had, but it was the best chicken parmesan that I've ever eaten in the Costa Rican rainforest for certain. I would order it again.

The restaurant has a pool and I know if we would've let the kids jump in with their clothes on after dinner they would have done so. Had I known there was a pool I would have let them bring their suits for after dinner. It's not often that you get to go swimming at the dinner restaurant. Oh well, maybe next time...

Evidently early June is a great time to visit the Dominical area because the crowds have yet to arrive. We were told that by late June/early July that it gets very busy.

Check this place out if you are in the Dominical area.