See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

This was a pleasant stay. Our hostess truly cared to ensure we had just what we wanted. When she saw me on my iPhone, she asked if I wanted to share her wifi (there is no wifi there). She informed us of local highlights (a great beach to walk and how to get there).

It is located just a few hundred meters from a newish restaurant (which we tried and liked).

We at first thought the distance (6 km) from Dominical would be an issue, but it was fine (we had a car).

No a/c, but in February, we found the evening cool enough to sleep well. Might be different if you visit at a different time.

My wife saw a Toucan while we were at the pool and we were visited each morning at breakfast by a blue butterfly.

Breakfast was coffee, fruit, homemade jams (made from plants on the property) and bread, juice (homemade) and she offered us eggs (which were cooked to order - and now that I think about it, we did not pay extra for... sorry if we were supposed to, Sabina!).

When we arrived we were hot, as our rental car a/c was broken, but the pool was pleasant, and the poolside showers quite refreshing (cool!).

We had just stayed at a place over 2x as expensive as this and at first were a bit disappointed, as the place has some whiskers on it (age) but at the end of the stay, we were pleased. We did check out two other places in Dominical proper, and one was $60 more per night, overlooked a bar with live music, and had no better appointments.

We did have a bit of trouble finding it at first, but once we figured out the restaurant on the main road was the place to turn, we had it down. Get better directions than we had at the start.

If you like the nightlife, this is not for you, but if you like a quiet respite in the country, while spending your days in Dominical, this could be it.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

This is the perfect location to stay if you're around Dominical. It is quite, just a few minutes from Dominical beach. It has a swimming pool and a big garden, but the most special thing is Sabina, the owner. You would listen to her stories for hours ! And she has great advice for eating and chilling in Dominical. And breakfast is amazing: all of the jams and marmalades are home made (I'm still dreaming of the Cocounut + raw cane sugar one!).

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 5 April 2016

We spent two nights at cabinas alma. We loved the breakfast, mainly the natural juices and the kindness of Sabina. Thanks so much.
Unfortunately I didn't realize previously that the rooms have not air conditioner. At this time during March and April if you don't tolerate the high temperatures in Costa Rica is no recommended to stay in little rooms with not air conditioner.
The general facilities looks good, however should be look better if the garden maintenance is improved. Also the refrigerator located in the room and the coffee maker that looks really old, we could not use the coffee maker.
We stayed on the room close to the main entrance and the noise coming from the main road at night didn't allow us to sleep well.
In general I think the relation between the price and quality should be improved ( upgrade the facilities)

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2016

This place is like staying at the cottage but in a jungle setting ..Yoga palapa is a great way to start the day. Sabina is always helpful and full of information and the food is delicious . There is a small local restaurant down the road and it is a short drive to Dominical. It is not luxury accomodation but it is comfortable and friendly and the saltwater pool is a welcome reprieve from the Costa Rica sunshine .

Stayed: February 2016
1  Thank Byenow
Reviewed 20 March 2016

I cannot tell how much I loved this place and Sabina's welcome. We stayed only one night and I wish we could stay more. Sabina and her people managed to create a very special and beautiful universe like from a fairy tale - you know, little birds singing around the fruit trees, colorful frogs resting under rocks, lightning bugs flying around at night (at some point I was expecting the animals to talk like in Cinderella, I swear). The rooms are very confortable, the pool with its salty spring water is just fabulous, Dominical is only 5 minutes drive. And all the delicious jams and fruit products served at the breakfast!!! We were really feeling like at home... Very happy to got to know Sabina and that she shared her story with us.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple