“Perfect Casado!”

Soda y Nanyoa
Ranked #17 of 49 Restaurants in Dominical
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed 18 January 2018

This unassuming little place was recommended in the Lonely Planet guide, so we checked it out. I had the casado with fish fillet, and everything on the plate was perfect. My wife was unsure what to order to drink, and our waiter brought a delicious smoothie called "agua del sapo" or "toad water." Highly recommended!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

The seafood soup with milk was delicious, with generous portions and lots of seafood. Ceviche was OK, a bit too watery for my taste. I would not recommend their pasta dishes, as they were over cooked and mushy.

The service was friendly, but very slow. The restaurant was not busy, however it still took over 40 minutes to get the food.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Great spot. Reasonably priced. Delicious food. Large portions (particularly the empanadas) and owner and staff were fun and friendly. Camarones de ajillo (garlic shrimp) was amazing.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Great place for local "Tico" food, i had the fish casado plate and it was excellent ! It's right on the main street, and it was pretty cheap ! If you want real good local cooking hit this place up ! Wish i could get my rice & beans to taste that good !

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I didn't get to experience as much Costa Rican coffee as I had hoped. But the cafe con leche here at Soda y Nanyoa did not disappoint. Best coffee I've had my whole trip!