“Surfing lessons”

Costa Rica Dive and Surf
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Diving and Surf School, Tours to Cano Island and Marino Ballena National Park. Padi Diving Courses, Surf School and Surf Board Rentals.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend tried out surfing for our very first time here in Dominical Costa Rica.

Our surfing instructor Oscar took us out for a few hours and taught us how to surf in the Dominical waters. We had an amazing time, he taught us a lot about surfing AND the area. I would definitely recommend going here to learn how to surf. Had an amazing day with Oscar !

All reviews
"whale watching"
"drake bay"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018

If you want to take surf lessons for any level, I highly recommend Costa Rica Dive and Surf either in Dominical, or Uvitas! Oscar took me to beaches in both Uvitas and Dominical on intermediate lessons to help me take my surfing to the next level. If I had more time I would’ve definitely done a third session! Oscar can also take you out to the bigger wave spots and make you feel more comfortable surfing the locations that are known to be rougher. My friend took beginner lessons with Sara, who was amazing as well. Really great, helpful instructors for all levels.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Uvita for 9 days with two teen boys, a sassy preteen girl, and us..two parents lets just say old enough ;)

Our first excursion with CRDS was surf lessons for the whole crew. We had Oscar and Beto as our instructors. Beto took the teen boys, Oscar had me (Momma) and my daughter (mini me) ~Brave man. They did great and we all had a blast! They were patient and very aware of our safety at all times. One boy wanted to surf bigger waves so we hired them again for another round a few days later. If we were not super pleased, we would have gone elsewhere the second round so that is saying something!

The other adventure we went on with them was out to Cano Island. Two of us went Scuba Diving and the other 3 snorkeling. I really love that this trip included both so if not everyone in the family wants to scuba, there is still an amazing alternative. We saw sharks, turtles, tons of fish, etc.. The instructors were amazing, Willy lead our two divers and Leo guided us snorkel folk. It was our teen boys first dive, and he was a bit anxious. Willy was great about leading him in a safe calm way and made sure he felt safe and had fun! Leo reviewed rules for snorkeling while we were on the beach before going out. He did great pointing out everything and keeping us corralled, including my sassy preteen offspring that did not want to stay too close to the group.

Everyone had an amazing trip and it is a big part thanks to them. All of the fellas felt more like friends to us more so than just "guides" Making them a part of your trip just might make your trip!

Costa Rica D, Propietario at Costa Rica Dive and Surf, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hi!!

Thank you for taking the time to write that wonderful review.

We are very happy to have helped make your vacation a success. It was easy because your family is amazing.

Greetings to Robert, the boys, and your awesome girl.

Keep diving and surfing.

Pura Vida

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This tour was so awesome! Top of our Costa Rica vacation dream was snorkelling- we found the right company! Guides were efficient and got us geared up quickly. Brand new - smooth riding- boat that got us to the Cano Island safely. Our guides were terrific! Able to answer all our questions- entertaining- and fun! We swam with the fishes, the small sharks, the turtles... Incredible how much life is right below the surface. We did two dives with a stop back on isand sand in between. Afterward, we were rewarded with a massive plate of delicious grub- exactly what we needed.
I would recommend this company to anyone wanting to have a fun and memorable snorkelling adventure in the south pacific region of Costa Rica.