“The Best Coffee in the Universe!”
Review of La Duena

La Duena
Ranked #27 of 48 Restaurants in Dominical
Price range: US$3 - US$26
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I'm a regular guy, but I'm a snob about one thing: coffee! I've been coming to Costa Rica for 25 years & lived here over a year.

This cafe serves Dota coffee, which is grown by a cooperative of farmers here who exemplify the Costa Ricans' zealous commitment to environmentalism.

The cafe is open 24 hours & the family who run it are delightful people. You'll also find delicious pastries, breakfasts & other dishes. But you will never forget the coffee!

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve been staying in Dominical for about a week now and have tried nearly all the restaurant. This place is the only spot to get a decent cup of coffee. It has a beach view so you can sit and watch the waves roll in while you drink your coffee. Plus, the omelette is reallllllllllly good!

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I have no idea what those bad reviews are talking about, but the food is soooooo good. I've traveled all over Costa Rica for the past year, and these guys have the best breakfast I've had since moving here. Their eggs Benedict with fried yuca is like no other (GF). Their breakfast burrito has all the fixings and best I've had here. And their empanadas (if your lucky that they have any), are deliciously flaky and packed full of pulled chicken. Coffee is on point. Staff is super friendly. Just keep in mind, this is Costa Rica, not the US, patience is a virtue. Pura vida mae!
-Andres y Karyn

Reviewed 16 July 2017

After taking a late night stroll along the strip searching for a place still open to satisfy my sweet craving, we came upon La Duena which happened to be the last restaurant we encountered. The dessert case was full with tempting sweets, but the raspberry cheesecake caught my eye. I love a great-tasting cheesecake, but the raspberry cheesecake at La Duena did much more than satisfy my sweet tooth, it created in me a fan of this place that I had to go back the very next day for another piece! My family and I heard about the unique breakfasts they served so we decided to try them the last morning we were in Dominical. We were pleased with the taste and presentation of the dishes we ordered. We received great customer service from Moises and great food!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Don't go because this place has no quality.
Dominical is a place mainely for Surfers and the nothing helse is there to enjoy our see.