“Best breakfast in CR, no joke”
Review of La Duena

La Duena
Ranked #26 of 47 Restaurants in Dominical
Price range: US$3 - US$26
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I have no idea what those bad reviews are talking about, but the food is soooooo good. I've traveled all over Costa Rica for the past year, and these guys have the best breakfast I've had since moving here. Their eggs Benedict with fried yuca is like no other (GF). Their breakfast burrito has all the fixings and best I've had here. And their empanadas (if your lucky that they have any), are deliciously flaky and packed full of pulled chicken. Coffee is on point. Staff is super friendly. Just keep in mind, this is Costa Rica, not the US, patience is a virtue. Pura vida mae!
-Andres y Karyn

Reviewed 16 July 2017

After taking a late night stroll along the strip searching for a place still open to satisfy my sweet craving, we came upon La Duena which happened to be the last restaurant we encountered. The dessert case was full with tempting sweets, but the raspberry cheesecake caught my eye. I love a great-tasting cheesecake, but the raspberry cheesecake at La Duena did much more than satisfy my sweet tooth, it created in me a fan of this place that I had to go back the very next day for another piece! My family and I heard about the unique breakfasts they served so we decided to try them the last morning we were in Dominical. We were pleased with the taste and presentation of the dishes we ordered. We received great customer service from Moises and great food!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Don't go because this place has no quality.
Dominical is a place mainely for Surfers and the nothing helse is there to enjoy our see.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

We came here on thursday, 8:30am. A big table was there so we knew that it could take some time, no problem. After coming three times on the desk to order, and 30 minuts, they taked our order. 1h later, nothing came, but for the tico table or the boss table, that came! we left after 1h30, we told the lady to cancel, she said "ok". No apologies?
For the boss : when busy week-end, recruit a new staff (and good), or help them!

1  Thank TL35400
Reviewed 1 February 2017

We've been here twice and both times the staff was very service minded. I think the most service minded in town! We enjoyed sitting on the terrace and reading a book. Most of the other restaurants have loud music on and this restaurant is a good spot to chill.
The prices are excellent!