All reviewssurf trippoint breakcold bintanglocal knowledgesurf spotsbeershostsaccommodationwavesmatescrew
Reviewed 20 June 2014

As a solo traveller I checked out many different options for my surf trip this year. I did stay at Damai bungalows last year so I did know what to expect. Many surf destinations in Indo are out pricing themselves for the average worker. The reason I chose Damai bungalows as my surf trip again this year was not only the frieght train left hander straight out the front, but also the old school vibe that Jason & Ayu have created. It doesnt take long for them to make you feel welcome, as if you belong. You help yourself to the fridge and get your own beer, write it in the book yourself. The honesty system your got to love it. There's not much trust in the world these days. The people that a place like this attracts are the down to earth type of people. No egos here. With it being only my second trip here I have still meet some awesome people. Return travellers just like myself.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2014

First trip to Damai and South Sumatra and I was super impressed. Cool place to stay overlooking the left out the front.Food was sensational, beers were icy cold, Chook and the girls in the kitchen always prepared great meals including heaps of fish and sushi. Jason is more than happy to let you know where to head if out the front isn't doing its thing or you want to surf something different.Doesnt mind a bintang or two with the guests after surfing all day as well. Definitely be back

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Such a fantastic place to go, consistant great surf right out the front. if not there are some great breaks just a short trip up the road. Ayu & Staff are awesome producing some beautiful, generous meals. Jason is a very friendly welcoming host, who insures the beers are nice and cold.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've just got back from my second trip to the Krui area and second time staying at Damai bungalows. There are many reasons why these guys have such good ratings on this site: The setting is perfect, the hosts are friendly and helpful, the bungalows are comfortable and great value and the food is awesome!! The surf wasn't all time for my short stay but Jason made sure I got to the spots that would be working and I ended getting a stack of great sessions. Ayu and the girls in the kitchen never fail to lay on the most amazing selection of Indonesian and western dishes to refuel you after a day spent in the water. There's a always a good atmosphere at Damai, you can kick back and watch the surf, read a book, play pool, watch a movie or have an ice cold beer and a yarn with someone at the bar- whatever your thing.

Thanks Jason, Ayu and staff for a great stay, looking forward to the next time!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We could not ask for more!!! 5 big stars for everything,Rooms,Staff,Food Waves...
Had an amazing time and for sure will be back(if not fully booked already....)
We lucked out, had perfect waves and weather during our stay, which made it all the more worthwhile. What can I say... world class wave.. world class experience. From all of us, thank you Jas, Ayu and the rest of the staff at Damai.

Nimi, Susa, Claudia and Peter.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends