5 people are viewing this hotel
US$211
eDreamsUS$221
FindHotelUS$218
Hotels.comUS$211
All reviews golden goose room was clean continental breakfast third floor oatmeal convenient location front desk staff fire pit grand canyon motel refrigerator hike
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2021

Stayed for 6 nights. Was told no daily room service, prob once or twice given length of stay. Did not have any room service at all. I left trash out front of door daily. Friend had to go to front desk to get towels. Should have come in to change at least once.
COVID grab and go breakfast. Same options every day: dry cereal, granola bars, 2 types of prepackaged muffin and pastry. Fruit most often apples, clementines and bananas maybe 2 days. Burrito wrap to heat in microwave. Extremely small cups for juices, coffee.
Think the options should have been mixed up, bagels/bread for toasting, hot cereal like oatmeal, different type of muffins, variety of fruit or even prepacked fruit cups, something to heat besides burrito wrap. Cold cereal variety selection ran out, not replaced. Same with milk, not restocked. Front desk staff did not keep on top of making sure selections full stocked and available at all times.
Fridge in my room froze everything, even when I turned down to 1.
Asked for room with a view: got very limited side view, and not of Sedona Rocks which i what I thought I was getting.
Might stay again but probably not.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

This hotel is quite decent. The rooms are clean and somewhat modern. Location is pretty good. No service during your stay during COVID. WiFi is pretty good. They do offer free breakfast (grab ‘n go), but frankly it’s quite terrible.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank rrosendahl
Ed Nelson, General Manager at Andante Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our goal is to offer our guest Luxury at a great value from our patio with firepits to the great views from our balcony rooms to our award winning onsite restaurant the Golden Goose. Also, in order to respect our guest privacy and safety during Covid-19 housekeeping does not enter your room (unless requested) for up to 3 days while you are here. Also, our complimentary breakfast has been limited to individually wrapped items such as Danishes, Muffins, Cereal, Milk, Yogurt and hand held fruit such as bananas and apples as well as coffee, tea, juice etc. I'm sorry it's not more of a hot buffet like we normally offer but that is not appropriate at this time. We hope to see you again very soon, until then safe travels!

Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

We stayed in room 107 & the door did not shut properly. It had to practically be slammed to shut completely. Then, a ceiling tile in the bathroom randomly fell & hit me in the neck. I wasn’t badly hurt, just a bruise. Since it was late at night, after midnight, My husband put it back in place. The next morning when he left the room for a minute, when the door hit the threshold it came down again. After complaining to the Front Desk we simply asked for a refund. They couldn’t because we booked through Hotels.com. After our holiday, we called Hotels.com & they said the property would only refund 50%. That is not even close to good customer service. Not even an apology from the front desk or through Hotels.com! If I was a child that was hit, this could have been tragic. Wrong decision to not apologize or refund. This is not the end of this for us. I’m concerned for all who stay at this UNSAFE property.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank WOVEN1
Ed Nelson, General Manager at Andante Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2020

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience, it is our goal to make sure all of our guest have a safe and pleasant stay. It sounds like the door may have needed an adjustment and when slammed an acoustic ceiling tile in the bathroom may have become dislodged and we thank you for bringing it to our attention so we can correct the issue. I would be happy to offer you an opportunity to stay with us again, if you could contact me I would be happy to send you a gift certificate.
Safe travels and happy holidays.

Reviewed 10 October 2020

This is $125-$150 a night hotel that is now going for $300 a night. Half of southern California has flocked to Sedona during the pandemic which has sent prices skyrocketing. This would be a fine hotel at $150.... crazy at $300. Plus is they have nice balconies...we paid for a "view" room which looked out on residential houses. The bathroom is so outdated I thought I was seeing things. They had jury rigged the toilet tank with a piece of styrofoam that was wedged behind it. We needed our "grab and go" breakfast early to leave for a hike. Was told that the breakfast person didn't arrive until 7 a.m. Again, the market is totally out of whack in Sedona now that Southern Californians have descended on it... this hotel is a perfect example of that craziness.

Date of stay: October 2020
3  Thank David U
Ed Nelson, General Manager at Andante Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2020

Hello David and thank you for the review. Although hotel prices everywhere are based on supply and demand, we make every effort to be very competitive in our market and offer our guest a great value. Weekends and holidays tend to be the busiest with weekdays offering much lower rates. I hope you will consider us on your next visit, until then safe travels.

E Nelson
GM

Reviewed 10 October 2020

So, elopng to Sedona for my wedding was an amazing idea, except my choice of hotel. I walk in my room to find 2 double beds. I reserved a king. Called the front desk and they said, no you booked 2 doubles. I said would you like to see my confirmation email? Bottom line, they didn't have any rooms and there was not even an apology. Refrigerator was partially broken. Floors are filthy. The plumbing is old and sounds like a goose is dying when adjacent rooms take a shower. I travel to Sedona frequently and would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Tacky decor, poor upkeep, and walls as thin as paper.
It was a great day and the wedding will be too.
Leaving tomorrow for another hotel.
Not a fan.
Stay anywhere else.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank pbtex101

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience, it is our goal to exceed all of our guest expectations. It sounds like you were set off by the room type you wanted was not available. It's always best to book directly with the hotel so we can assure you get what you need, sometimes when you are booking online through a 3rd party room types can be requested but not guaranteed. I hope you had a great wedding regardless.