Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews great location shops and restaurants central location place to stay within walking distance fridge and microwave grand canyon uptown arizona
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 February 2021

Cool, funky, small, clean, did I say cheap, steps to downtown. Fun guy at the front desk, I had a nice visit with him. This is under new ownership and I'm afraid the are going to go real cool funk boutique and I won't be able to stay there anymore. Sedona is full of fun things to do that cost a lot, save on the hotel and take a helicopter ride.

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Swan-Valley-Tours
Reviewed 30 October 2020

Check-in was very efficient with the friendly front-desk clerk already expecting us. Although not too large, the room was just right for a two night stay. Most importantly it was immaculately clean and in good repair. It was great having a fridge and microwave. Everything worked fine. We spoke with the owner the following day. She gave us a map of the area and pointed out the places that would most interest us that have easy access. The motel is centrally located with many shops and restaurants nearby. We would certainly stay here again and highly recommend this motel to anybody seeking a reasonably priced place to stay that is clean, well kept, centrally located, and with a very friendly and helpful staff.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

This motel is appropriately named, "star", with the emphasis on the singular. Yes it is a tacky, trashy, one star motel unfortunately spoiling what is a nice uptown area for tourists.

I warn people the Owner Anne, in my opinion, is mentally unstable. She was very aggressive, hostile toward me just for asking basic questions.

In all honesty, I have travelled all over the world and can count on 2 hands the collection of rude, vile, unprofessional owner/managers, this character belongs in.

The room was small, very outdated with no properly enclosed patio giving privacy from other guests.

I even saw this Owner Anne call police on a harmless senior citizen couple(PAYING GUESTS) for no valid reason. Who does that?

Skip the star motel and the Bates like owner and thank me later.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Star Motel, Owner at Star Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2020

Hi, sorry about your experience. We are now under new management and ownership, and actively upgrading this gem of a property. We hope to see you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2020 via mobile

After reading the reviews I wasn’t sure what we were getting into, but honestly it’s a cute Family ran business. My husband and I when traveling like to make sure we put our money into the locals of an area and try to avoid chain places as much as possible.
Star Motel is perfect if your fine with no frills, they are in a great location surrounded by shops and restaurants, we were able to walk around and leave our vehicle parked at the motel. We had to check in late and they were nice enough to call earlier in the afternoon to check in with us and make sure we were all set.
*Free WiFi, Flat screen TV in our room too.

*Yeah it’s an older motel, but they have definitely worked to update it. We recommend asking for room #10, we stayed in this room and it was super clean. Air conditioning works great! And it is quiet and has a nice view. Also, has its own kitchen space.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2020 via mobile

I do not give 5 stars very often but this property deserves it. It is older, built in the 1950's, but it is clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. If you have a lot of electronics to plug in and charge, you may want to charge your phones/ tablet/ etc. in the car instead of in your room. At least in my room, there were only 2 outlets in the entire room and they both had surge protector strips plugged in. No pool, jacuzzi, or room service, but location, location, location!!!!! You can't do any better than here! As stated before, it is an older property, and it does not have alot of amenities, but if you are looking for a place to sleep, shower, recharge, and cool off in a great location with reasonable rates than this is for you! I highly recommend!

Date of stay: June 2020