7 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (2 163)
2 163 results
1 222
1 222
All reviews reds restaurant rooftop terrace observation deck red rocks corner room huge shower onsite restaurant wonderful hotel steam room fire pit coffee pot hot tub short drive hiking trails safeway fireplace fountain
Selected filters
8 - 13 of 2 163 reviews
Reviewed 19 June 2021

The service here is terrible. They did not let us know when we made the reservation that it was under renovation. It is loud, messy, areas are closed, and they refuse to clean your room until after you leave. Paid a lot to stay at a resort that was a worse stay than a cheap motel. They did have a nice shower in our recently renovated room. It was NOT worth the cost of the stay.

1  Thank GoPete
Reviewed 15 June 2021 via mobile

I am here right now, I knew about the construction which is ok for me. During the day the jack hammering is very loud. I was on the third floor but hardly heard it.
The pool is open and nice. Pool is not deep water is cold.
The rooms are average. Most hotels here are adobe/ stucco style. Most hotels are about 250-350 per night.
It appears this area is about the same across the board.
Staff was friendly. Sedona is a laid back area especially west Sedona. You will not get 5 star service if you are used to that. West Sedona has a few nice restaurants, most are family style. Uptown Sedona is very nice and has upscale shopping and modern restaurants.
Talapaque shopping area is a must. Many shops and cafes. Garlands jewelry has real Indian jewelry and hand made items. Prices are high.
Getting back to the hotel, if you are here you should not be in your room during the day anyway. There are too many things to do especially vortex hikes and state park.
One thing to look out for that the hotel does not tell you.
They charge a $100 per day incidental fee on top of daily rate. And somehow my cc hold is much higher than
Expected so have extra money for that.
I'll see how they charge at the end.
They do not clean rooms due to Covid
Most places in Sedona don't make you wear a mask anymore. Views from the hotel are stunning on the east side rooms.
Must see Bell rock, Cathedral rock, airport mesa rock
Airport lookout point
Red rock state park
Red rock visitor center
Bring hats, alot of sunscreen , hiking shoes/boots
Buy a case of water at Walgreens and Gatorade for hiking.
Temps are extremely hot but no humidity
I drove up from Phoenix and the views are stunning.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank lorenl264
Reviewed 14 June 2021

We decided to go to Sedona for our honeymoon. Jay, the General Manager, was fabulous! He made our honeymoon stay very special despite the construction. Can't wait to come back when all the construction is complete!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 June 2021 via mobile

Notified by property weeks after I booked hotel that renovation was occurring. This was MAJOR renovation. Closed facilities, rubble, etc. I would have booked somewhere else if I had known how bad it was. Also, paid $300/night and couldn’t get daily housekeeping? Trash left outside my room even after 2 employees were asked about having someone pick it up. I expect better even at a Motel6. Hotel management needs to quit scamming people for full price on hotels and not delivering on housekeeping. If I wanted to stay in a dump I could have paid a lot less.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff I
Reviewed 13 June 2021

Even though the property is undergoing a major facelift, there are a dozen ways to compensate. The check in process was less than friendly. The rooms were mediocre. The rooms will NOT be cleaned due to the pandemic, and that was simply stated. The drilling starts at 9, and by drilling I mean there is concrete that is being broken. I can appreciate the need to improve and get modern, but then for the people that are staying there, make it an extra bonus or worthwhile. Also when guests come in or ask for directions, rather than act like you are doing them a generous favor, how about some effort and energy to answer their questions or concerns. The rooms are decent, they were clean when we arrived. The restaurant is decent, the breakfast was definitely above average. Our waitress was the only shining light on the stay, because she was friendly and personable. The location is great, right off the main road and excellent access to hiking points. I would likely look for better options before committing to this place.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel