Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$431
PricelineUS$411
Hotels.comUS$431
Trip.comUS$431
CheapTicketsUS$431
TripadvisorUS$411
All reviews fire pit honor system recommend el owners steve governor's suite buttermilk pancakes arts crafts great room welcome basket dog friendly hotel grand canyon private patio home away from home rooms are beautiful sitting area red rocks tlaquepaque
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2021 via mobile

My wife and I travel extensively. We’re always looking for that special small hotel. The one that has everything right. We found it when we arrived at El Portal.
The hotel is a wonderful architectural creation. The furnishings are all vintage from the early 1900s. The rooms are spacious and all details covered. But what makes this hotel most special are the owners. Steve is an especially gracious host. We recommend El Portal without reservation.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank familyMDtravel
Cindy Woudenberg, Agency / Consultant at El Portal Sedona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2021

Thanks so much for your GREAT review! We love it when our guests "get" us! Thank you for the recommendation, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 28 April 2021

We were recently there for a week, and I was by myself for a couple days while my family was backpacking/camping in the Grand Canyon, and it was just exactly what I was hoping for. It has the coolest vibe with a great courtyard for hanging out. The owner, Steve, was very helpful suggesting a hike for me, and when I got to the trailhead about a mile from the hotel I was confused exactly which way to start so I called him and he told me to wait there for a minute and he drove over and got me sorted out!! His wine Connie was so friendly, she greeting my daughter with- “you must be Angie! How was the Grand Canyon?” The location is great- steps from fun shopping and restaurants. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you so much for your incredible review! So glad you had a great time with us, and we so look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for choosing El Portal on your Sedona trip!

Reviewed 14 April 2021

loved the entire experience! such a clean, quiet, vibrant property. The staff is beyond helpful and accommodating. So many wonderful things to say about the people and the property. Too much to put into words! Thank you!!! JC & Maddalena

Room tip: we stay in #1 & #8! sensational
Date of stay: April 2021

WOW! Thank you so much! We appreciate your review and that you chose to stay with us at El Portal Sedona Hotel! We looke forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

We had an amazing experience at El Portal. Cozy little hotel with only a handful of rooms. We got first class service from the minute we walked. They show you around the lobby where you can help yourself to various snacks and drinks. Walking distance to many restaurants and shops as well. Can’t wait to go back again soon.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cindy Woudenberg, Agency / Consultant at El Portal Sedona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2021

Thanks so much for the great review! We really appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed your stay...we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 March 2021 via mobile

My first trip to Sedona with some girlfriends, and we’re already looking forward to coming back and staying at El Portal. From the courtyard to the personal touches in the rooms, and not to mention the dog friendly patio, it was just as amazing as I thought it would be! Currently planning our next stay as we speak. Thank you for such a memorable experience!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Cindy Woudenberg, Agency / Consultant at El Portal Sedona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2021

Thank you for your wonderful review!!! So glad you enjoyed your stay with us...we'll be looking forward to your next visit!