“Great Place For Locals”

Spiga Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Spiga Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 1 335 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I returned for Happy Hour drinks and then dinner. We were seated in the beautiful side bricked over room so one would think you were is Tuscany. Happy hour wines are $6.00 and the Cab. is quite nice. Service is very good. We had some sort of a seafood antipasto at $17.00 pp so we only ordered two for the four of us. I think we were agreed that we would not order again. A bit too fishy. The Tagliatelle Gamberi is excellent. Happy Hour Pizza at $8.00 is very good.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came here for dinner while staying at a nearby resort. We were promptly seated on the patio and service was quick. I asked the waiter what he would recommend as I normally do and he was hesitant, but made some recommendations. I am the type of person that can go into a restaurant and ask them to bring me whatever they want and have never had an issue. Its a fun way to try something out of the norm and some of the best meals I have had have been this way. This waiter would not play along, but that is okay. I had prawns and my hubby had shrimp pasta. Both dishes were really good and I would say it is definitely worth a trip back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not your usual italian, every meal that was ordered was delicious and beautfilly presented. Fish, lamb, veal and pizza were the choices made, and they were all great. Service was very attentive. Atmosphere was very pleasant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I reviewed this restaurant three years ago and the problems are still similar...Once again our party spanned three generations. We had a reservation and it was promptly honored but this was June not the height of the season when I'm told they still have problems with over booking. That decor is well done, clean, and the staff and service excellent (Lackner). We were initially seated outside but, as frequently happens in Scottsdale, the misting machine was still functioning after dark and things had cooled down..Scottsdale restaurants and other establishments seemingly just cannot understand that these machines are designed for the heat of mid afternoon and after dark they turn into dining in the rain..We asked that the machine be turned off but the manager refused so we moved inside as did other parties..Prices were reasonable and the wine list extensive although high like most of Scottsdale restaurants. Everyone except me was happy with their dinner selections. Two had salmon, two had pasta bolognese and one (the vegetarian) had a salad. Three years ago my Veal Piccata was excellent but evidently the chef has changed and he current version was covered in broccolini and a lot of other garbage. Why don't restaurants stick to the classic presentation of this dish? Overall a nice evening but, as I pointed put last time, Gian Franco is better..

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first visit. This is a rather large restaurant with plenty of seating. However it has the feel of a small restaurant because of the interior layout which is divided between outside dining, very nice bar area with high seating, interior dining area and a few small spaces for more intimate dining. The food was excellent. I had the veal piccata that was delicious. My wife had the pork Saltimbocca which had an excellent presentation and also was very good. The staff was very pleasant and extremely efficient. We will be back.