Open today: 00:00 - 23:59

from US$795,00
from US$300,00
from US$680,00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

This was our second tour with David and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We visited Goldfield, a ghost town, and stopped for an excellent lunch at Tortilla Flat, then continued our drive through beautiful desert scenery. David has such a pleasant demeanor and is knowledgeable about the area- the plants, animals, and history.

1  Thank Venture413915
Reviewed 3 December 2020 via mobile

David was knowledgeable and wonderful! It was a perfect clear night, but cold. It was great would do it again.

David J, Owner at My Arizona Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2020

Thank you very much! It was a cold night. I wish we had more time. The moon came up a few minutes later. I hope you all enjoyed your time in Arizona. Have a great holiday season.
I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 August 2020 via mobile

David was an amazing guide! We signed up for the night skygazing trip and he made it very memorable! He was super knowledgeable about the stars as well as local AZ history (we learned a lot on this trip). He was very accommodating to our requests and did all he could to make the night fun! Would definitely recommend this to anyone who has interest In Learning more about the night skies!

Date of experience: August 2020
1  Thank laurar291
David J, Owner at My Arizona Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2020

Thank you so much! What a great evening, though Mother Nature did not cooperate fully.
I look forward to an opportunity to share more of Arizona with you in the future.
Have fun!
David

Reviewed 24 March 2020

Don't waste your time going on this over-hyped trip. The staff at Sami Jewelry, in Fountain Hills, was friendly, but the repeated statement claiming the tour was not rushed is a total farce. The shuttle, via helicopter, carries 5 groups of 5 people throughout the day. The car ride was 20 minutes, the helicopter flight was 8 minutes, and the allotted time in the actual mine was 40 minutes.
We were taken into a mine with walls that were devoid of amethyst; very few pieces were left intact. The current mining lies at the end of a short tunnel, about 8 feet below the main entry. We weren't shown the amethyst at the end of the tunnel, initially. But, I asked one of the individuals that represented the mine if I could see it and they complied.
The owner doesn't want people to stray from the path. I went slightly above the main trail where I found some amethyst crystals that had washed down the slopes of the mountain. The owner told me to get back on the trail. He was picking up pieces along the trail earlier and had found a large crystal. Don't go on the trip thinking you'll get a nice piece of amethyst. You're better off hiking up the trail, stay clear of their private property signs and fences, and hunt near any ravines near the peak for amethyst as the mountain is probably full of amethyst. We felt rushed and have participated in many mine tours far superior to this one. This is clearly a means to enhance the limited profit that's seen from an operation like this one. The owner is not very friendly and certainly doesn't have a clue in how to run a fun adventure tour. We won't return.

Date of experience: March 2020
1  Thank Kevin J
David J, Manager at My Arizona Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2020

This is not through My Arizona Guide!!! We did not do this tour. Please remove your post from our reviews. Again, we did not do this tour.

Reviewed 9 March 2020

My wife and I were visiting Scottsdale and wanted to finally go and see the Grand Canyon. Our hotel highly recommended this vendor based on feedback from guests. Our day with Dave as our guide was FANTASTIC. Yes, we made it to the Grand Canyon and it was incredible to see and experience. However, we had such a great day because our guide was so knowledgable. We were worried about spending too much time in an SUV, but the time went by fast as Dave was educating us on the various parts of the desert, the mesa, the mountains, the history, plants, wildlife, Native American history/reservation and made frequent stops to let us explore and experience all this new knowledge. GREAT DAY...GREAT EXPERIENCE...WELL WORTH the cost.

Date of experience: March 2020