“Overrated”
Review of The Mission

The Mission
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mission is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 1 335 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Transit: The Scottsdale Trolley stops in three spots within less than 2 blocks from The Mission!
Description: Old Town Scottsdale’s heart is beating to a Latin drum, now that The Mission has arrived and brightened the restaurant scene. Renowned Zinc Bistro Chef Matt Carter is now cooking up modern Latin cuisine blending influences from Spain, Mexico, Central America and South America. Home made Tortillas, Arepas, and Salsas are made fresh daily and all meats are prepared on a Plancha or a grill using pecan and mesquite wood that instills a rich flavor.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We went there for my husbands birthday last week. It had so many great reviews we were really looking forward to it. We took our daughter in law and 2 teenage granddaughters as well. First of all I really appreciate ambience but this place is so DARK!! We seriously could not see anything on our table. All of us had to use our phones for light to order. I had mine on while I ate because I need to see my food. The menu online said there were vegetarian and vegan options. Nothing that was prepared as such, just that could be altered to be vegetarian. We were expecting better. The food was ok. We started with the Roasted corn Gorditas. They were good. The street corn was a disappointment. We’ve had much better elsewhere. Taco guild has the best!
I had the duck which our server said was the favorite of the staff. It was ok, nothing to write home about and certainly nothing to go back for. My husband had the Chorizo Porcetta. He said he wouldn’t order it again. All in all I would not go out of my way to return.If I found myself in a situation where others were set on going I would probably try the tacos. You can do so much better in Scottsdale for the price, and actually for less!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2 345)

87 - 91 of 2 346 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The Mission in Old Town is a beautiful restaurant with great food and a happening bar scene. Try the Dangrias which ate house made along with homemade salsa and chips. Unusual choices for tacos. Great desserts. Gorgeous patio.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We enjoyed our lunch at The Mission but would rate it as "fine" but nothing particularly special. It was nice to get guacamole made fresh right at our table.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Well, being old we needed the flashlights on our iPhones to read the menu. Tableside guacamole was awesome, margaritas were great. Highly recommend the Chorizo Porcetta! Service was very good.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I don’t normally take the time to post a review but when the good is as good as this was I have to. The table salsa that comes with the chips is great with a smoky fresh flavour. We didn’t have the pozole but the couple next to us did and it looked unreal. I strongly suggest getting the chorizo porchertta with some corn tortillas as an entree and the bananas for dessert.