“Underwhelming”

Matt’s Big Breakfast
Ranked #283 of 3 258 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Matt’s seemed promising, and I would bet that when a location is not busy it would be better. Eggs were cooked perfectly. The toast was so cold that the butter couldn’t possibly have melted. Potatoes were cold and over seasoned with rosemary and salt. Sausage was cold. Bacon was nice and thick cut, but cold.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stopped when I arrived in Phoenix Airport to have dinner. To my surprise there was not a lot of choices for either breakfast food or lunch/dinner. Firstly, when a restaurant is named Big Breakfast I expect a lot of options i.e. Eggs Benedict, Bagels, Croissants etc but there were none. It was run of the mill bacon, eggs, pancakes etc of which are over priced and not "Big" in my book. So I decided to go with the meatloaf and mashed potatoes, there is no choice of veggie or maybe a coleslaw instead. The meatloaf was "smothered" in mushrooms (don't get me wrong I like a mushroom gravy, but it shouldn't be the star of the show). The meatloaf was ok as were the mashed potatoes. The server was very nice and efficient. Would I put this on one of my places to return to NO! You can definitely find much better food at one of the many other restaurants in Terminal 4.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This is some of the best food you will ever get at an airport. Real silverware and great service. Can’t wait to go back on my next trip.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed breakfast during our layover. Ordered coffee, breakfast burrito and French toast with home fries. Waitress kept our coffee and water full. The French toast was very thick. Rosemary home fries were seasoned with fresh rosemary. My only complaint is the $1.69 charge for additional syrup.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

My flight was delayed, so I had an opportunity to try this place. I loved the bacon here, and the eggs were cooked just as I ordered. However, the cold potatoes ruined an otherwise perfect afternoon breakfast.