“Awesome Challenge”

Western Destinations Canyon Creek Ranch - Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Canyon Creek Ranch is nestled on 130 breathtaking acres in Cold Water Canyon, just twenty miles north of Phoenix in Black CanyonCity, Arizona. The ranch is surrounded by 71,000 acres of National Monument land, featuring rugged hills, fantastic volcanic formations, ancient Native American petroglyphs and the Agua Fria River. The ranch offers great views of the surrounding mountains and miles of natural Sonoran desert to explore and enjoy.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was very impressed with the Ranch and the people there were so nice. I want to shout out to Joey our tour guide and Opal for the awesome chili. I never expected to be so wonderful. The horseback riding was so relaxed of I have not rode a horse since I was a child. The hospitality was great and I could go on and on about this place. I am planning a return visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 370)
All reviews
"western style"
in 14 reviews

32 - 36 of 1 370 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had never been horseback riding before. They gave us a 5 minute explanation of what to do & I was nervous it wasn’t enough but the staff ride with you and guide you through the trail. It was definitely enough explaining.
Lunch and all the other activities made it such a unique experience.
Highly recommend!!!!
The only thing, the signage along the drive is a little lacking. Keep following GSP even though you think you’re going the wrong way.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Our family did the jeep tour and all the wild west festivities this past week. We came from Florida to show the kids the desert and a little of the cowboy life. The folks at Canyon Creek Ranch were absolutely fantastic. Our tour guide was Sam and he was great in giving us the lay of the land and some great insight into the local wildlife and vegetation. The kids also got to shoot guns, arrows, tomahawks, and learned how to use a lariat and rope a cow. What a great time. Everyone was extremely friendly and accommodating. I would certainly recommend this outing to anyone looking for a good time with a western flavor. Jim runs a great operation and Sam is an awesome guide.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My daughter and I had an amazing time with our personal guide Jennifer. Kept us engaged and informed the entire ride. Our horses (Gizmo & Sally) were calm and mellow (perfect for my 11 year old) but truly awesome animals when it came to take commands. Jennifer's canyon & cacti knowledge kept the 2hr trip moving right along (except when we had horsey-bathroom breaks- lol). Thank you for a great ride...see you next year!

1  Thank margiepou
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Wow where to begin! The entire experience from start to finish was top notch. We had Chris as a tour guide and he could not have been better! He took pictures of our group the entire trail ride, made everyone feel super comfortable and safe, and answered any questions we had about anything and everything. The lunch cooked by Opal was amazing, and the games that Julie escorted us too were fantastic. It was really the whole package and something I would recommend to anyone coming to visit the area. It was quite the drive to get there, and the area is a little sketchy before you get there, but please don’t turn around, or you’ll live to regret it. Stick with it, there is the greatest time of your life waiting!! Every single person in my family said this was the highlight of their trip!! An awesome time for people young and old to enjoy together!