“A lovely start to our Holiday”
other travellers have booked this property
Camelback Mountain Views Aerial View of Property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Camelback Mountain Views
Aerial View of Property
Bedroom
Bedroom with flat screen TV, bar fridge, microwave & coffee maker
Bathroom (View from Bedroom)
Bathroom with Shower
Walkway to the Villa
Patio and Parking Area
Small Patio with Bistro Table and Chairs
Palm Tree
Horseback Riding
We Have Stunning Sunsets
The Fountain at Sunset
Our property is just south of the mountain
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
tessmonst...
Inverness, United Kingdom
“A lovely start to our Holiday”
Reviewed 6 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We were met by Timea and before we could unpack our car a big storm and torrential rain appeared . Timea was wonderful and bought us home made cakes to have with our well needed cup of tea waiting for the Storm to pass . The Villla was in beautiful serene surroundings and was perfect for the two of us . It was lovingly furnished and decorated with nice bed linen . Luckily for us the weather was beautiful the next day .
The Villa is a lovely romantic retreat I would recommend , near to lots and facing the Beautiful Cambelback Mountain .

12 Dec 2014
Thank you Pam, it was lovely having you both here. I will never forget the downpour that ensued upon your arrival. It was the 100 year flood though! I hope you will make it back again someday.
Warm Regards,
Timea
saturntwi...
Huntington Beach, California
“Sweet little oasis at the foot of Camelback Mt.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

I stayed here with my wife and my 6 month old son. It was a beautiful little oasis on the edge of Scottsdale. The owner Timea was professional and a real pleasure to work with. She made sure we had everything we needed and even booked reservations for us for our anniversary (unfortunately plans changed due to our son and she kindly cancelled them) The room is nicely decorated and the bed was comfortable. There isn't much in the way of windows but it kept the room cooler. The room is actually in a historic building and it is shared with a renter but the way the building is situated we never saw another person. It feels adequately private. The parking lot is shared with other tenants but again there was no problem there. The pool is really nice, it is in the backyard of the main house which initially felt a little awkward but ended up being fine. If you want a nice little place to stay that really feels quality but still is a great value near Scottsdale. Stay here, I think you'll really like it. Next time we are in the area we will definitely be coming back to stay here.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great Value and Quality
Liked least: limited luggage space (but to be fair we had baby stuff, crib, etc.)
Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 Dec 2014
Thank you Eric. It was a pleasure to have your beautiful family. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves and hope to see you again in the near future.
Travelers...
Toms River, NJ
“Tranquil Hideaway!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

First of all, this was the first time my husband and I ever rented in this way. That being said, our experience was amazing. The Royal Sphinx Estate is a historic property that belongs to one family. Within the gated grounds, stands the main house, and there are two casitas- each with a private entrance close by. Our casita faced the beautifully landscaped fountain. In the evenings, we could take our beverage of choice and sit at the high-top table in front and enjoy the views of Camelback Mountain. Our hosts, Timea and John, were helpful, friendly, and available if needed.

This property was centrally located and it was easy to get around Phoenix and Scottsdale. Additionally, the Royal Palms Resort was directly across the street and easy to access for a romantic dinner or cocktail.

I would definitely and without hesitation recommend this property to any traveling couple. The value is over the top. We will definitely be back!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Royal Sphinx Estate, the accommodations, the hosts Timea and John
Liked least: We totally enjoyed everything about our stay!
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
7 May 2014
Thank you Deb and Ted. We loved having you and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you. Hope to see you very soon!
Michigan
Reviewed 17 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
17 Apr 2014
It was such a pleasure to meet you Linda and I'm so happy that you have settled into your beautiful new home here. Thank you again for staying with us, I look forward to getting an invitation from you to see your home.
corky4now
Wisconsin
“Highest Recommendation!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

I was somewhat hesitant booking a vacation rental, as I was traveling alone and have previously only stayed at hotels or resorts . Any hesitation quickly evaporated when I was warmly greeted by Timea and shown the place I was to stay.

The location is excellent, and I felt very secure. Beautiful grounds. There is history in this place, and it is evident the owners are very proud of this history and of their property.

My villa had a very comfortable bed, T.V. with satellite service, a mini fridge and
microwave. There was internet access available.. I looved the shower. Initially I felt I was taking a chance booking this place. And all I can say- it's one of the best chances I have ever taken!

Timea and John were so welcoming. They made it clear they were available to answer any concerns or questions. I had none regarding their beautiful estate and accommodations But I must add they went over and beyond when I ran into a snafu on my side of life, and they were soo there to be there, and help me out.

A selfish part of me doesn't want to give glowing feedback. I don't want them to be booked when I hope to revisit !!!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The beautiful grounds and great location,The price and the wonderfullyfriendly yet professional owners
Liked least: Not a thing
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
16 Apr 2014
Thank you Kathy!!! We are so glad you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. We hope to have you back very soon. You are welcome here anytime. :)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing