“Tourist favorite hiking”
Review of Cholla Trail

Cholla Trail
Ranked #26 of 185 things to do in Phoenix
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Take your water and enjoy the views but remember it gets hot in the summer and this is not an easy trail

All reviews
"couple of hours"
"saddle"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 21 June 2018

My husband and I and our three teenage kids (14-19) hiked the Cholla trail while in town college touring. I would call this hike more of a climb then a hike. Our family is all in good shape so it was fine but I would not recommend this if you have health issues or are not suer footed. Be prepared to climb, traverse rocky paths and gravel as you make you way up. The path can be narrow and caution is needed at times especially if someone else is descending the trail. We were warned by park rangers (who were at the trailhead with extra water) to only hike up until half our water was gone then return down. Good advice! We hiked early (8am) but not early enough to beat the heat and make it to the top with our water supply. The views were great! Parking is on a main street about 0.25 mile from the trailhead and can get easily unavailable. I loved it and would come back if I was in Scottsdale again!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Come from the UK for a couple of weeks every year and my daily hike is up Cholla. If I am not hill fit it takes me a couple of days to do the run straight to the summit but the views are fab and it is worthwhile. At this time of year I set off at 6am to beat the heat. A good 2 hr walk from where I stay. Easy going to start but a bit more challenging higher up. Have good walking shoes and plenty of water

Reviewed 1 May 2018

In preparation for our annual work conference, I decided to sponsor a hike up Cholla Trail. Search You Tube for my video which gives great info for you. Title is "Camelback Hike - Cholla Trail."

In the vid, I outline where to park (Invergordon), what to bring (water, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, good shoes), and then shows snip-its of the hike.

First half is pretty mild. After you pass over "The Saddle," the hike is extremely difficult.

I had 20 folks sign up to hike on one of the mornings for our conference.

1  Thank Thane W