Reviews (1 467)
1 467 results
All reviews rooftop bar free snacks front desk candy bars pool area hip hotel tacos breakfast vouchers wine hour central phoenix on site restaurant great pool stay cation bottled water light rail hot tub happy hour
11 - 16 of 1 467 reviews
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Me and my family were very pleased with our stay at the Clarendon hotel and spa. We had to make last minute changes to our itinerary and could not find a reasonable price on a hotel anywhere in the greater Phoenix downtown area. Not only did the staff at the Clarendon take care of our needs immediately, they ended up dropping their price on a suite to accommodate our traveling guests and saved the whole crew and trip! Thanks guys for going the extra mile to help us!

The hotel itself was way out of the ordinary and very retro in its design and decor! It has that old building feel with all the modern amenities! The rooms were clean and well cared for, and the beds are great! The location was perfect for our needs and it’s very close to the sports and concert venues downtown!

The current state of the the downtown is very refreshing to see the building and all the new places coming in!

Great spit and hotel

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I came upon this hotel by chance and glad that I did. The hotel is hidden in a quaint area where several Lyft drivers stated that they were unaware of its existence. We were greeted warmly by staff and had a great stay. We were surprised of the "convenience fee" they charge additionally daily for snacks and water. However, I do point out that Brent was very helpful and made the stay warm and inviting that made up for the small inconveniences. The pool was amazing and the rooftop bar was an added bonus. I really enjoed my stay and hope to return in the near future.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days while on a business trip from the UK. The room was okay, they’ve tried to make them quite modern, but the quality was low.
The pool area was lovely, but had the best areas cordoned off for VIPs, which were always empty so I just crashed them.
The bar and service was fine, although I thought the restaurant could have been better.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We have been wanting to come to this hotel for a while now but we finally made it! We came mid-week for two nights to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. And, we were not disappointed!

The hotel grounds and inside are nicely decorated retro, a throwback to the 50's era with modern touches. Our room was very nice. Comfortable king bed. The room was very dark, which I appreciated. The bathroom had a huge medicine cabinet which made up for it's lack of counter space. Our shower wasn't working properly at first but as soon as we mentioned it to the front staff someone was up and fixed it in less than a half hour. Amazing service!

Soda pops and candy bars are complimentary at the front desk. And there's a keurig in the room with coffee and tea. We enjoyed having a fridge as well.

The pool was awesome! It was very large and long and great for laps with lots of seating inside the pool for leisurely hang outs with drinks. The jacuzzi was one of the biggest I've ever seen at a hotel. It was hot with great jets. Lots of seating, chaise loungers and private cabanas pool side. We loved the beautiful WALLterfall and the greenery.

The best part for us was how pet friendly they were! We were able to bring our two small dogs with us so they didn't have to stay home alone during our staycation. No extra charge either!

The rooftop patio usually has a bar but we were there in early Sept during the off season so it was closed. We were able to watch a beautiful sunset with a great view of downtown. At night, we went back up to see the city lights. There is an elevator to take you to the top so it's definitely wheelchair accessible.

I got ambitious and went down to the gym as well. I only used the treadmill but it was a cute, functional gym.

Absolutely loved this place and we will most definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2018

The pool area and rooms great the rest though needs a lot of work

Apart from the pool area and bedrooms this is not a 4 star hotel

Price quoted on any of the booking sites ignore as they add resort charges nonsense!
We had a business Skype call using the only lounge public area and asked to leave by rude staff ! As they wanted to close
bottled water was available but you had to ask for it at reception
Breakfast wouldn’t serve grannery toast as they wanted to keep it to serve a conference, how rediculous is that !
You couldn’t put your breakfast bill on the room bill as they billing system needed updating
Complaints totally ignored by managment !

Room Tip: Make sure you add the extras when booking and from our experience get ready to complain
Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business