All reviews close to convention center self park walking distance parking garage great location chase field front desk asu valet bed pillows lobby property
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Beautiful new hotel near downtown and ASU downtown campus. Rooms were very clean and breakfast was great. Always had hot coffee in the lobby and there was a bar where you could order drinks in the evening. You do have to walk a few blocks to get to dining and shopping, but it's not too far and I felt safe walking around by myself.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2018

My wife and I were very pleased with the staff and accommodations at this beautiful hotel. Our room and restroom was clean and comfortable. We took advantage of the breakfast and also the delicious open buffet.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2018

My wife and I came here for a Diamondbacks baseball. The room, # 333 I believe, was very nice but there was pee on the toilet seat and a small plastic bag over the smoke alarm. I cleaned up the toilet and removed the bag, advised front desk as well. They offered to change my room but I had already cleaned up, not a big deal, just kind of gross(toilet) and weird(smoke alarm). Location was good, just within walking distance of ball park, about a mile. Breakfast was good and front desk staff were nice.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeremy D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Brian -

Thank you for taking a minute to provide us feedback about your recent stay with us. I am disappointed that we failed to meet our goal of a perfect stay while you are with us but am very thankful that you let us know of our shortfall. I will ensure that we discuss this with our property management team to ensure that an issue like this does not repeat.

Thank you again for your time and we hope you will give us another chance at demonstrating our commitment to your comfort while staying with us.

Jeremy Dunkin
jdunkin@ncghotels.com

Reviewed 23 September 2018

This place is better than what I originally expected. Quality room, service and staff. Walking distance to many restaurants and other amenities. The only caveat, is that parking in area is at a premium.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2018

There is nothing more I could ask for from a hotel. Yes, it is newer, so things haven't been worn out yet, but the decor was great, the room size was good (I just had standard room), the free breakfast was pretty good (eggs, waffles, french toast, sausage, granola bar, cereal, baked goods, juices (would've liked a cranberry option), the staff were very friendly and efficient, the location was smack downtown near all sorts of good food (Cornish Pasty...mmm) and drink (Seamus McCaffrey Pub) and activities, there was decent free wifi, and 24 hour coffee/tea bar as appreciated. Now, I got an incredibly great deal on this hotel (less than half the normal rate), so that colors my happiness, but it would've been worth my paying more. I had no car, so I can't speak about parking and rates (there is a valet), and I also forgot to check if they had a pool (would be awesome if they did). But for me, this hotel was perfect.

Room Tip: Heard no street noise on a higher floor (9th).
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo