“Great flavors”
Review of Barrio Queen

Barrio Queen
Ranked #321 of 3 314 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Description: Best Mexican Soul Food in Phoenix, Arizona. Unique flavors of authentic Mexico City dishes. One of the Top Five largest Tequileria in United State
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We were visiting Phoenix for Spring Training and staying not far from Tatum Ave so decided to try the Barrio Queen. We just did take out and were not disappointed. The food was great and well packaged for pick up. Chips and salsa tasted great and the dishes we had tasted made from scratch. After seeing the restaurant , I wish we could have eaten there because it had a great vibe and ambiance. Lots of choices and we shared dishes. the brisket burrito was liked by all , but the favorite was probably the Pollo en Mole poblano although the Chiles en nogada was a close second.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

An offshoot of the famous Barrio restaurant in Phoenix. At least half the seating is outside... but with the open doors and window it feels really open and expansive. Wild variety on the menu with a large selection of speciality tacos. Very generous portions and top quality. Obvious wild and large selection of tequilas. Great place to check out.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We came here for the second time and brought our friends because the food was so wonderful the last time we ate here. The chips and salsa were excellent. The ELOTE CASSEROLE was very good. My wife's CHILE RELLENO was superb. Our friends food was excellent. My STEAK was tough and stringy and cool. The CHEESE ENCHILADA was excellent and the BEANS and RICE were the best. The desserts of CREME BRULEE and CHURROS with ICE CREAM were over the top. If it were not for the bad steak, I would have given the dining experience five stars plus. I still recommend Barrio Queen.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We enjoyed a number of excellent dishes at this restaurant. I had the Chiles En Nagada. Oh my, it was good. It was also a different dish than I have had before which was also a plus. I enjoyed the Queen's Cooler margarita - not too sweet. The rest of the group equally enjoyed their food and drinks. Service was good. Atmosphere was also good and you can eat either inside or outside. In Desert Ridge Shopping Center so it is close to Marriott Canyon Villas & theJW Marriott if you are staying there.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We had a girls lunch here on a weekday and we thoroughly enjoyed sitting out on the patio and having some delicious Mexican food. The restaurant is trendy, modern and has a “dia de muertos” theme throughout. Our table of 10 sat out on the patio at a large circular table that had a fire pit in the middle. (although it was never lit.) The complimentary chips and salsa was outstanding! The salsa had a good kick and the chips were deep fried and thick. I could have had an entire meal of just chips honestly! I ordered the Chopped salad with chicken and it was wonderful. Full of flavor and had a very nice chipotle ranch dressing. Huge portion but it was so good that I finished it off. Everyone else in our party really enjoyed their entrees too. I will definitely be going back to try more items off their large menu. Service was good too. Will likely become a regular on our Mexican food circuit!