All reviews water park golf course lazy river rustlers roost building pools busy spring break company meeting basketball tournament adult pool lobby restaurant south mountain huge property ping pong stay cation the entire property excellent property bit worn
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I was excited to come back hearing about the remodel. It’s a shame they don’t hire management that take pride in leading their crew properly. The lobby bar staff still seems mad that they are there and if you ask them for anything. The cleaning details aren’t there. Pretty gross in every corner. We’ve tried this place post remodel and won’t be back until we hear of a leadership take over. You shouldn’t have to wait a full 24 hours after asking for a mini-bar/fridge key (twice) to get one. It’s a silly example but It makes the property money if we take anything out of there so I’m not sure why this wouldn’t be taught to staff. Cool property, and no doubt that Kids would have fun! There are simply too many places in the area that would take much better care of you on vacation and we all work hard to take one!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Voyager315133
Paul G, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

I am disheartened by your comments regarding our management team. We work diligently to provide personalized service to each of our guests, and it appears we have dropped the ball during your visit. I appreciate you making me aware of our opportunities for improvement so we may correct course immediately. I hope you give us a second chance for a future visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Celebrated a 50th birthday girl’s weekend here 3/22-3/25. Welcomed by a long line at check in that took 10 minutes to work through. The guy that checked us in couldn’t care less that we were there to celebrate a special occasion and provided no guidance on how to get to our room our orient us to how to navigate this massive resort. It took us 15 minutes of driving around to find our room. Completely unacceptable, especially at such a high priced resort with a $50 per day resort fee.

The room:
Clean, large, beautiful view.

Spa:
We booked facials and massages at the spa. The ambiance was a C+. The facial was amazing but the massage was a solid C. We also got lunch included between treatments and I would rate it a C. The lettuce in our salads were somewhat wilted and browned. Not worth the price we paid.

Gym:
5 Star gym! I was incredibly impressed by the equipment and how clean it was.

Oasis:
Would rate this a c. The lazy river was over crowded with kids and adults. It was a case of bumper cars. The service for drinks was slow.

Restaurants:
We had no idea which restaurants were on the resort or how to navigate to them. They ended up being extremely busy and the food so-so.

Not worth the price for the service we received. Would not recommend staying here unless the rates were lower and the service better.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

I apologize for the poor first impression we have left on you. I agree that your check-in experience was unacceptable and will address with our Front Office Team. I am thrilled you enjoyed your guest suite and view, as well as our fitness facility. I appreciate your constructive notes and will share with our team to correct course. I hope you reconsider us for a future visit!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived late on Friday, March 23rd. Entering the resort you feel very excited at the fountain, entry and ivy covered building. The front desk staff (Brianna specifically) was outstanding.
We were sent to the Mountainside section to a week appointed double queen room. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The room was large with separate living /dining/bed room.
The bathroom was a joke. You can’t sit on the toilet and close the door. The decor was outdated and neglected with a 2$ shower head from Frys
The walls were paper thin so every time someone coughed or flushed next door- we knew
The pools were good. Clean, not overcrowded (even for spring break) and decent size.
The water park was crap. Absolutely crap. 3 water slides none of which are just fun or for anyone under age 10.
Lazy river was crowded and people are obnoxious when they hold each other’s hands and float 8 tubes in a formation down the river
FOOD IS BAD AND EXPENSIVE. A water park hot dog is 11$. That doesn’t include fries or a drink or even a side of chips.
The nachos are $20
The wave pool was full of rough housing teenage kids making it impossible to swim or play. The lifeguards were not paying attention or caring.
The hot tub was vile. Don’t go in the hot tub.

The property itself is large. The outdoor patio has nice fire pits and a good view of the golf course
Many rooms have views of camelback mountain.
South mountain can be accessed from the resort.
I don’t know that I’d return to this property. The $50 daily use fee on top of the nightly room rate plus any room services or pool food delivery surcharge (uh-24% plus 5$ are you KIDDING) they just nickel and dime you every way of sideways.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

I appreciate your detailed review. I am sorry our Oasis Water Park did not meet your expectations, but I am delighted to hear you liked our resort grounds and pools. I also appreciate your compliments regarding our newly remodeled suites. I am glad to hear Brianna made such a positive impact on your stay, and I will be sure to congratulate her on her service and mention. I hope I have an opportunity to welcome you back to our resort soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Is returning to The Arizona Grande and expecting a different experience. Just returned from our fourth trip to this resort. We used to vacation with our two sons when they were younger and put up with the deficits of this resort because our kids loved the water slides. We thought it would be fun to return with the boys now 14 and 17 as a walk down memory lane thinking surely there must have been some improvement. Not much. If I have to sum this place up I would say that there is a big management issue. In each of our four trips over the years there is just not enough of anything. Not enough staff, not enough food in the marketplace ( and keep it open later for gelato!), not enough space at the pool. Surely this place must be prepared for the onslaught of guests that descend upon them for Spring Break but it always appears as if they have been caught off guard. Waiting , I always feel like I am waiting. Waiting for a server to even acknowledge us at the patio bar ( my husband went in search three different times one night to even find a server), waiting in line for an hour to get into the pool with any chance of getting chair ( Not to mention they allow two big areas to be reserved for private parties which severely cuts down on space for the hundreds of guests...What ?!?). Waiting in line forever to go down the slide. The people who work there are very very friendly but there are not enough of them and they are overworked. The standouts that made a positive difference that salvaged this experience are: Ian in the restaurant and marketplace, Jennifer a server in the restaurant,Chris a server in the restaurant, Baylie a server on the patio and the room service attendants for our room were fantastic! Timely and thorough and so very nice.

The golf course is in great shape and reasonably priced. The resort is located but amazing hiking trails in the City's nature preserve. The fitness center is one of the best resort type fitness centers I have visited.

We have stayed in a villa ( previously) and a deluxe suite on this trip. Both very nice and the beds a VERY comfortable .

After four visits with the same issue I can only believe this is a management issue. Is it a money making thing? Trying to cram as many guest in the space with the least amount of staff?

Tips:
If you have young kids ask for a room by the Oasis water park. If
you don't have young kids, stay somewhere else.
Bring your own food to snack on as the prices are high and the wait time is too long.. The fridges accommodate enough ( milk, yogurt, fruit, cheese, pre packaged salads, etc.) if you clean out the mini bar items first.
Bring your patience.

Potential at this place...I want to like it but I cannot tolerate spending thousands for a family vacation for poor service and feeling in "crammed" with many other travelers.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank sherri s

sherri s., I appreciate your continued loyalty throughout the years, but I am disheartened to hear you were disappointed by your recent visit to our resort. I genuinely apologize you felt that there were not enough staff or resources during your visit. It is not our intention to make our guests feel neglected or frustrated by wait times, and I am regretful of the significant impact this had on your stay. I appreciate your compliments regarding the staff you encountered, our newly remodeled guest rooms, our 20,000 sq. ft. fitness facility and the condition of our golf course. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I truly hope you reconsider us for a future visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We were very excited to stay at this resort, but were let down by nearly everything. Upon arrival we were checked in by very unfriendly front desk staff, who seemed annoyed to be working.
ROOM - Dirty cleaning towels were left on our bathroom vanity. Not a great thing to see. Room was nice enough, however the walls were really beat up, patched, and the furniture left us feeling underwhelmed, based on the price. None of the USB ports worked in the room, and the "free" WiFi was spotty, at best. If you want to pay $15 for upgraded WiFi, the service might be better. We had a villa with a washer/dryer, however, they were locked up and unusable. We had a full kitchen which was full of empty cupboards ... If you want to cook in your full kitchen, you have to pay an extra fee for the actual cookware. Ridiculous. On a positive note, the king size bed was very comfortable.
GOLF - My husband was provided with dirty clubs.
POOL - Crowded and not enough chairs. When you're paying $520+ to stay here, a chair should be expected. Drinks were expensive, which I understand, but when you order a drink with rum, it should actually have rum. Seems this was standard, as I heard a lot of people asking for extra shots in their mixed drinks. When you're paying $13+ for a mixed drink it should contain at least a shot of alcohol. Pool closed for an hour due to "chemical check." When it's 85 degrees with a pool full of kiddos, not a great time to close.
FOOD - Restaurant was excellent. Servers were friendly and accomodating, food was delish.
PARKING - Free!
GYM - Great fitness facility. Clean, tons of equipment, outdoor lap pool.
Overall we were left feeling very disappointed with this resort. The front desk staff were pretty rude at check in and check out. Rooms were not worth the price we paid, pool and golf course were a letdown.

Room Tip: Request a top floor room, as we could hear every footstep from the room above us.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank cfitrnr16

I am disappointed you did not enjoy your stay. I appreciate your detailed review, and we will use your notes to correct course immediately. I apologize for the disruptions you have described, but I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the restaurant and our Athletic Club. I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention, and I hope you reconsider us for a future visit.