All reviews living room small kitchen prison museum the main street lovely suite beagle channel the presidio apartment hotel antarctic cruise wifi signal restaurants and shops breakfast buffet nice view nice hotel walking distance the hotel staff three nights
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I selected the Cilene del Faro based on its location. It is well located adjacent to the main street in Ushuaia. The staff were more than obliging and it was this factor that stood out.

The 1 bedroom apartment enjoyed a pleasant view of the building next door and the harbour. The bedroom and bathroom were adequate. The living room looked as if it had been furnished from the local charity shop. A cheap (foam) and very uncomfortable couch, 2 tiny children's chairs and a very low coffee table. The kitchen had all the appliances you would need, but as to glassware, plates and utensils - the barest minimum. The sofa was just so uncomfortable that I suffered from a backache. It was that or the (tiny) children's chairs !

The breakfast buffet, was at best adequate - I have enjoyed better and seen worse.

I could have been persuaded, on the strength of the friendly staff to perhaps add another (half star) to my rating, except for one thing - the price paid. Yes, I know this is a remote and seasonal part of Argentina, but for the price paid I would expect more.

Overall, a rather average apartment hotel at a premium price. Would I return - probably not.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Geddes_7
Karina I, Director of Sales at Cilene del Faro Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Mr/Ms Geddes_7
Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay in Ushuaia.
We appreciate all you comments and suggestions to improve, I will send a copy of this to our General Manager. There are always opportunities to be better and we value your input. The only thing I would like to explain that the tiny chairs are not for children, they are sillas materas, special chairs for drinking mate the national drink

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We enjoyed the location of the hotel and found it a great location to walk to town, walk to join our planned activities, etc. The room was spacious and ours had a nice view of the harbour. Breakfast was decent with a good fruit salad and packaged ham and cheese, which is typical in South America.

The room heat was constantly on and hot with no means of controlling. We asked to have the heat turned down but to no avail. To avoid being suffocatingly hot we slept with the windows open - which is just so wasteful. The room keycards demagnetized every. single. day. So annoying. Hot tub was out of order one day. While an iron was available, and iron board was not. Reception suggested using the dining table as the board...but no electrical outlet was within reach of the table..? The room was spacious but very starkly furnished, meaning the space wasn't cosy at all. Bathroom was poorly designed with too little room for toiletries.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Karina I, Director Comercial at Cilene del Faro Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear brently55,

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is located within mins' walk from the harbour and close to the main streets where there are lots of restaurants. Breakfast spread was limited but the room was great with kitchenette and hence one can cook their own food. Wifi signal was pretty decent too.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr/Ms Justlovetofly:
Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay in Ushuaia.
We thank you for your comment about the hotel and thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We stayed here for the final three nights of our tour. It is within easy walking distance to the streets, restaurants and cafes in Ushuaia. A few minutes to walk to the port and all the tour companies that provide tours in Ushuaia. Four of us from the tour stayed in an apartment which had two bedrooms with two bathrooms, each bedroom had two single beds. The apartment was very clean and was serviced daily. The beds were comfortable and an adequate supply of towels in the bathrooms. There was a kitchen if you would like to make a meal. A spacious lounge room with lounge suite and table and chairs. Breakfast was very good with a good choice of breakfast foods. Staff were helpful and friendly. Free wifi is available. If ever I visit Ushuaia again I would definitely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Dear Jnewell572016,

Reviewed 4 March 2018

This hotel is comfortable and well localized, easy to walk around through town. It has a small kitchen, if you want to cook. The manager speaks Portuguese and helps tourists with their doubts. From the last floor you can see the mountains and the Beagle channel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends