“First night here, first visit to this Trip Advisor Restaurant ”
Review of La Jirafa

La Jirafa
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We ate here twice during our visit to Bariloche. We were all but first in the door when they opened. Good option as it fills up fast. First night too much food n had to opt for a takeaway. Second night one dish each and shared. Good service being early and reasonable price. .they accept Visa. Food pics included with review

LA JIRAFA R, Director Comercial at La Jirafa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Thank your for sharing your opinion! Have a good trip!

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Went to La Jirafa on the busy Sunday Carnival night. I waited 15 minutes and after seated I was promptly given complimentary bread and a water. I asked about the Ciervo(deer) but they unfortunately had sold out. My next option was the smoked trout ravioli with red and white sauce. Though the place was packed I received my meal in under 10 minutes. It was delicious and I highly recommend stopping in this small family establishment during your time in Bariloche. After all it has been there for almost 50 years!

LA JIRAFA R, Director Comercial at La Jirafa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hi Joshua!
Thank you for your opinion. It makes us happy to know that your experience at La Jirafa was good. Have a good trip!

Reviewed 6 March 2017

My husband and I returned to La Jirafa because we had had a good experience some time ago. This time we chose to share a breaded veal cutlet with French Fries (or British chips). The oil they had been cooked in was rancid and I had an upset stomach that night. Beware of eating anything fried!!!!

LA JIRAFA R, Director Comercial at La Jirafa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Mrs, we are sorry that your experience has not been satisfactory. Thank you for giving us this information, It will help us to improve the service.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Thanks to this site I had the pleasure to meet this place, one of the very few in San Carlos de Bariloche that does not have a price up to the roof for a simple meal. The atmosphere is very friendly, you will see families everywhere. The first floor is less crowded. The foods are simple but very tasty, so much that you forget if they take a little too long. The waiters have a cool mood but are a bit hard to catch because there are too few of them. I ordered deer with mushrooms, and side potatoes along with a small bottle of local beer (‘Prosit’ Red Pale), and will totally go back again on my next trip to Bariloche.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

we walked in off the street by chance because you cant see what is going on inside from the outside. it was full at 1330 but on table freed up as we arrived. we ate from the lunchtime menu and all four of us were very satisfied. modestly priced, good friendly service.