“Amazing Ribeye, warm, friendly service”
Review of Huacho

Huacho
Description: Huacho is a tipical Argentinean patagonic resturante.Al our food is made with real hard wood over the grill.Meat, steak's 500gr, lamb, trouth, pasta.wines and beer.Good music, nice people, and good vibes.
Reviewed 2 May 2018

A really wonderful restaurant. My wife and I had such a great meal (the ribeye and grilled vegetables) that we came back the next night and had pretty much the same meal, except with a salad and wine instead of Patagonia beer. The two guys that run the dining room are super friendly and very accommodating to poor Spanish speakers - they really bent over backwards to make us feel welcome in English. The ribeye was outstanding, sizzling off the grill, perfectly done and the chimichurri sauce was a surprising but perfect complement. For dessert had their rolled pancake with dulce de leeches and fruit which was extraordinary. The portions are huge - both nights we shared a single order of the ribeye and there was plenty of food for both of us. The second night Artur brought us a bottle of La Posta Malbec that was one of the most pleasant wines I have ever tasted. And the price was very reasonable - around a thousand pesos the first night (when we drank beer and had no dessert) and fifteen hundred the second night with wine and desert. Can’t beat that with a stick. I am going to miss this place when I am back home. Highest recommendation!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Just had dinner here. Great service. Great food from the bread and marinated meat dip to the final dessert. Had half lamb and beef with grilled vegetables, all of which was delicious especially the chimichurri sauce that came with the beef! Great choice of wines and good recommendation. FYI: they'll do half portions of meat so you can share and they only take Visa

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Such a great restaurant with friendly staff and a delicious meal. There was no cover cost (which makes a nice change) and we had a lovely fresh bread roll with some very tasty lamb for free to start, followed by the best empanadas I’ve had in Argentina. For main, I had the trout and my partner had the steak. Both were absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection. I thoroughly recommend this restaurant if you’re in Bariloche.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The restaurant has a great, fun vibe, the staff was friendly, but truly -- what's the most important thing about a meal? The food! And this was the best food we ate in 8 days in Argentina (including some fancy steak houses in Buenos Aires). If you are in Bariloche, don't miss this spot.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

As backpackers on a budget this was not somewhere we’d ordinarily visit but we deserved a treat after cycling 60km earlier in the day!
We split a ribeye and grilled veg and a bottle of Malbec.
Firstly our waiter whose name I didn’t catch was delightful.
Secondly they include (at no charge) a bread and meats starter which was probably the best ‘free’ course I’ve had anywhere.
The steak itself was spot on.
The bill came to £35 or 950 ARS.
They accepted visa and are happy to serve tap water.
Don’t be put off by the prices as the menu is designed for course to be split between 2 so whilst the Ribeye costs 440 it’s 220 per person which is very reasonable for the quality. (Hungry people - the portions are big so don’t be worried!)
I’m not a ‘classic foodie’ and rarely write reviews but the quality of the food and attitude of the staff was fantastic.
I hope others enjoy it as much as I did!