“Don't get the rave reviews, did get a stomach bug”

Al Alba Parrilla Resto
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2018

My boyfriend started the evening with a pisco sour, which we were pleasantly surprised to find on the menu. Unfortunately, it had much more water in it than pisco, to the point where you could hardly taste the pisco. After that, we I shared a bife the chorizo, fries and a cherry tomato/avocado salad with oregano. To start with the latter: if you are wondering why you have never seen this combination on a menu before, it is because it's not very good at all. Especially not with heaps of dried oregano covering a few pieces of avocado on a large bowl of tomatoes. Meat and fries were ok, although it never ceases to amaze me why all the Argentinian restaurants in the Netherlands I have been to serve meat that is far more tender than what you eat in Argentina (although to be fair, I do pay more at home). Normally I would have given this restaurant 3 stars for 'nothing special', but later that evening my boyfriend and I both got stomach cramps which lasted more than a day. While you can never be a 100% sure where you pick up something like that, the fact that we both felt it shortly after sharing a meal, makes me fairly sure the food at al Alba caused it. We won't be going back!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Quality of the food was average at best. Service was OK. Unfortunately we both got sick later that night (stomach pain and diarrhoea), probably due to a bacterial infection.
So, not recommended.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Very nice parilla with super tasty food and very good service! Everything is very clean and neat! The different home made dips you get are great!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

This place has a great menu to serve one the best parrillas in Villa La Angostura.

The service is excellent, the meals are cooked to perfection.

All of it made in front of you, and specially for you.

We loved to eat and drink an excellent Malbec.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

We visited because one of the other restaurants did not open their doors until 9 and we could not wait.

Trip advisor was thumbs up do we gave al alba a go.

The waitress spoke fluent English although we were surprised to hear that she did not get much practice. She was charming.

Try the pork spare ribs. They were sublime.

All the other meals were up to scratch also.

Date of visit: April 2017