“It's the seafood, stupid!”
Review of Las Barcas

Las Barcas
Ranked #79 of 705 Restaurants in Mar del Plata
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant at the Sheridan Hotel.
Reviewed 19 April 2017

We had a great meal here recently.The seafood is always good. My wife's Fish of the Day was superb as was my Risotto del Mar. The risotto itself was very creamy and flavourful while the range of seafood produce included as part of the dish, was very impressive overall. The prawns and pieces of merluza were particularly good. The service was discreet while the decor featured elegant and solid wooden panelling.

1  Thank Perry B

Reviewed 24 September 2016

While at a Medical Meeting this is a great option. Cold and hot buffet, quick service (is a DIY). Nice atmosphere

Reviewed 7 January 2016

It was a great disappointment. I come here every year but have never eaten at the restaurant. It was bad. The salad was something my kid would make. The tenderloin tasted like it was cooked in the afternoon and stored under a heat lamp. Dry, overcooked and luke warm. The frys were out of a bag and the second order after I sent the 1st one back was ok for 15 minutes. Then went old and dry real fast. A real shame.A pretty room. I'll come back to the hotel but certainly not the restaurant.

Reviewed 25 May 2015

We had a very elegant family dinner here with excellent seafood. The merluza was to die for ! The standard of service was simply splendid- we felt attended to and assisted at all times. The wine list was suitably impressive and I was pleasantly surprised at how well a nice bottle of Torrontes can complement a fish dish. The "entradas', accompanying side dishes and desserts were also superb.

1  Thank Perry B
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We went with my husband for our wedding anniversary. They had a special night of traditional argentine cuisine. The waiter was excellent, very helpful and accomodating.
The appetizer -a traditional empanada- was done very well. So it was a particularly unpleasant surprise when they brought the main course -meat- accompanied by pre-fabricated french fries. We both felt that in a 5 star hotel and with a special menu they would have taken the times to make their own fries. It really brought the taste of the food down.
Another negative point was the live music that was also announced. As not too many people were at the restaurant, after just a few songs they just left!
All in all, I would say do eat there if you are staying in the hotel, but if not, it might end up being not a very exciting place to spend your time.